First, I started a thread on the game’s page at boardgamegeek.com. If you want to see my current foam core solution go there.
It’s my favorite game, it was my first foam core project. So I figured it would be great as my first Glowforge project.
I posted this in another thread.
The game contains a whole bunch of poker chip sized cardboard chips that need to be organized. I am making two trays. Bottom trays hold all of the chips minus the character chips. The smaller tray that can be removed to hold the chips that are used in every game. The other tray for the rest of the chips (only 10 of 55 sets of them are used in one game)
The top tray holds the rest of the game components. The triangle is holding the character chips. The reason for that is the game has a rock-paper-scissors aspect to it. Offensive character generally beat economic characters that generally beat defensive character that generally beat offensive characters. Each point of the triangle will represent one of those styles. This allows for easy identification of the characters and also provides a neat aesthetic aspect when you open the box.
I am trying to figure out how to make the cut list now in a format that Glowforge can take. I am not sure how to do this in Sketchup. I figure worse case scenario I make the cut list in Inkscape since I have all of the measurements now.