Inspired by 8 Hook & Ladder in New York

I belong to a charity cosplay group called the Alberta Ghostbusters. We did a secret santa gift exchange this year. I decided to make this little model for the person I was gifting.

The bulk of it is made from 1/8" Baltic birch. Most of the details are cut from 1/16" craft plywood. All the “stone” bits had a mixture of texture paste and acrylic paint added to them, followed by a black wash. I printed the bricks on presentation paper and glued those on.

The windows are backed by plastic from a food container with copy paper for the blinds and a layer of vellum to obscure view of the inside.

The gold decoration is not an exact match but I did the best I could. I used UV resin in a silcone mold. Once it was cured, I painted it black and then applied Rub N Buff to it for the gold colour.

The GB sign I printed onto presentation paper and cut out with a scalpel blade. I then glued one onto each side of a piece of 1/16" ply. I used black thread to hang it and a head pin as the post it hangs from.

Inside is a set of warm white LED string lights that run off of a coin cell battery. The battery holder and switch are attached to the back.

63 Likes

That looks amazing!

7 Likes

I love little buildings. Yours is adorable!

8 Likes

Love your cement work! An incredible art piece!

7 Likes

Awesome job. Were there more pics? I only see one.

5 Likes

This looks fabulous! You secret santa is going to be amazed!

4 Likes

This must have taken forever! The person that receives this is very lucky indeed. Every secret santa gift I have received was boring at best and lame at worst. This is fantastic!

6 Likes

Thank you!

Thanks! I love miniatures.

Thanks so much! Texture pasted is great stuff.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing that out. Three of my pics didn’t upload the first time for some reason. I think they are there now.

1 Like

Thanks!

Thank you! That means a lot coming from you :slight_smile:

Great job!!

3 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Here is a snap from yesterday - add some lights and perfect.

16 Likes

How did you paint the concrete part?

Alas it has already gone to the recipient. But thanks for the picture!

I mixed texture paste with acrylic paint. Then I did a black wash when it was dry.

1 Like

I was JUST going to add that it needed a Ghostbusters’ logo…

2 Likes