Instagram! Let's follow each other!

Drama? How do you have drama on Instagram?

1 Like

People barely talk to each other, so I am with youā€¦ hahaā€¦ I donā€™t follow celebrities or anything the younger set follows so I donā€™t see much of itā€¦ and there isnā€™t even a need to read the comments so that is why I find it peaceful. :wink:

3 Likes

I appreciate this thread as I need more art and less drama in my life as well. Time here has replaced a lot of the time I used to spend on Facebook. Instagram will only continue this trend.

3 Likes

Yeahā€¦ I find it to be a blend of Pinterest and Twitter if you follow the right people. The app learns youā€¦ when I first got on I only followed a few random boards that were Crossfit, Outdoorsy stuff and friendsā€¦ I got the DUMBEST suggestionsā€¦ I told my friend who got me on I refused to use it because it was just a bunch of Kim Kardashian clones posing half nakedā€¦ I guess the dudes that follow that Crossfit board I followed also followed that stuff. So, the more makers and stuff you really follow it will be a more and more interesting place to get on and get inspired. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lol never had instagram, just Facebook and twitter. Never tried the others. Might give it a shot

For some reason instagram thinks Iā€™m a pot smoking yogi. Ha. Iā€™m neither, Hopefully following all you great people will help. Thanks for starting this thead! Great idea

5 Likes

Butā€¦ but you could be our guru! :dizzy_face:

3 Likes

I donā€™t have a personal instagram account. I do have one for my guitars but I only recently started using it to show them there.

Iā€™m hoping to incorporate the glowforge into some of my builds! Thatā€™s actually the reason I got one.

5 Likes

I think if you spend a little time learning about it @sameolegrind you will find that you can realllllly expand your customer reach for something like guitars on thereā€¦ that would go over like crazy on IG! I will follow ya :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree. I post on facebook but a lot of people have told me that instagram is a better venue to reach people. Seems there is a better maker culture there. So Im starting to hit both. Thanks for the follow!

I am @volivaa_creations. I donā€™t post much, but the Glowforge is changing that a bit.

2 Likes

I just followed yaā€¦on Instagram that isā€¦Iā€™m no creeper.

2 Likes

Iā€™m a little late to this Instagram party, but this is my account. I mainly make jewelry and cutting boards for craft fairs and I also make pinback buttons.

2 Likes