Interesting take on a router

Egads. They’re adorable.

They need costumes… Or, like… small (laser cut, naturally) chariot drivers…

Or wings!! (Okay, everything’s better with wings… but what eats grass…)

Omg little roving bison sculptures?

1 Like

Here is another great look at the Shaper Router from Tested.

@Brandon_R - It is a really awesome idea and I love the augmented reality use. It brings augmented reality out of the realms of pokemon and into something really useful. :wink:

3 Likes

Grrr… just tried to avoid doing some homework for a while and look for a forum like this one for people who pre-ordered the Origin. But not able to find one. Now bummed about that (even though I was thinking I have no time for yet another forum in my life)

Anyway, loving the Shaper even more now. I had been trying to decide on a workflow for using laser + CNC router to get nice shapes which also have a bezel or other curve on the edges, instead of the sharp corners a laser makes by itself.

Doing the curve AFTER laser is hard. But doing the curve BEFORE laser means the laser is only being used to engrave now, and I am limited to the size of my router.

Well… Origin has no limit to size, so I can go ahead and cut with it. But I can also bevel after lasering, since it will remember the shape of my material, and I SHOULD be able to tell it to work on the edges of the piece.

5 Likes

I have inquired about a forum and they say it is in the works. I also volunteered to continue their beta testing for them. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like where you’re heading here. :smiley: