International Shipping Latest

I just want an honest answer if I should be holding out hope for a pro or if I should be downgrading to a model that ships now…

1 Like

I’m not staff, and I don’t know anything about shipping dates. But I have a basic and have been very happy with it. (I should qualify that by saying I have used an interlock bypass a time or two to allow me to cut with a “pass-into” simulated front passthrough slot.) I don’t need the extra speed, and haven’t missed the extra 5W of power, and have only once or twice (in 14 months) wished there was a slot in the back. So really, it just depends on what you’re looking to do with your machine.

(Also, happy cakeday!)

3 Likes

Oh fab, shipping date bumped back to the end of August :sob: (Pro, to Australia)

Good thing I’ve got other hobbies. I’ve created an entire gallery’s worth of oil paintings this year, for my first exhibition. Lucky I didn’t have the distraction of a laser cutter in my studio.

Now I’m wondering whether I’ll get the Glowforge before or after my second exhibition… :thinking: At least I know those dates are locked in.

6 Likes

Yep date just changed from April 30 to August 31. I’ve stopped putting any faith in the estimated shipping date. This is the third time the date has changed only 2 weeks out from the date of delivery. The sad bit is I could fly to the USA and bring it back myself to clear customs and save money as a return flight to the USA is cheaper than the postage I’ve been charged. I have spoken to Australian customs and provided them with the specs of the Glowforge and they have no objection to me bringing one back myself so I don’t understand why it can’t be shipped.

7 Likes

Yes changed within 12 days of the shipping date and bumped 4 months.

REALLY???

You suddenly find out there is a 4 month delay 12 days before you said this was possible. How can this happen? Surely you had an inkling it wasn’t going as planned. After all this time.

@dan Can we have some assurance that the delivery date gets looked at on a regular basis?

7 Likes

Dan what kind of bull shit is this, my deliver from 30 Apr now become 31 Oct. keep saying sorry but do nothing…

3 Likes

Hey guys just want to share good news with everyone, I got my Glowforge today.

I ordered it exactly 3 years and 15 days ago and it arrived… don’t worry yours will arrive one day too!

I had to pay almost €600 in cash to the courier, but it was so worth it!

I can’t tell you how good the machine is, as it arrived broken, but as soon as I get it fixed, I’ll update you all.
IMG_6756

1 Like

when I ordered my GF I was in US and they delay my GF. Due to need to posted to oversea to work my ordered was changed to oversea. Because of their fault of unable to deliver on time, now become I need to paid for shipping charges to my current address. Feel like we are becoming forgotten after they used our money to setup their business…

1 Like

The business was VC funded. All funds taken in for pre-orders were put into an account - which is why they offer 100% refund if you cancel prior to delivery

I can almost guarantee that we’ve all considered getting that 100% refund but the primary issue is that we haven’t gotten the device. The sandpaper in the sliding deadline is the lack of information.

A point earlier is that GF waits till shortly before delivery to delay us again for months when they certainly knew earlier, another point prior was the missing association between an inspection in South America and a delay in Canada. The problem isn’t that we can’t make reasonable assumptions as to why, it’s that we can make uneducated/unreasonable assumptions as to why.

I like to believe that some laser girl broke Health Canada’s heart and it wants to punish the pretty pro by not letting it in the party. I think it needs to come to terms with that and live it’s own life.

It’s more likely that GF underestimated the problem or had a failure of some kind in the process to get that approved. I’d have hoped at this point that they’d ship a temporary unit to be replaced with the pro when it’s available. It’s their multi-year mistake, they can absorb shipping and refurbishing costs of some lower unit to let us at least play.

5 Likes

Well, I see Australia has now been bumped to August 2019. Only four years since we ordered.

Yes, we probably have all considered getting the refund - but as people who crowdfunded this device in the first place I feel that to just be offered a refund if we’ve had enough waiting is a rediculous cop-out. As is a sliding delivery date that obviously is completely fictional given how many times it has been pushed back, with no further explanation for why. This time they even let us get into the same month as the delivery date, only to then push it back another four months again.
(Who will win - a glowforge to Aus, or SpaceX to the moon?)

6 Likes

Absolutely, it may as well be “we have no bloody idea” instead of some date we craft plans around. It’s a machine generated date with a big red manual button labeled “delay it again”.

The saddest thing for me is that it won’t matter how well it may deliver technically it will never overcome this. I will always disappointed with my purchase and speak poorly of my GF experience.

5 Likes

Same here and it would be cheaper than shipping it. I was told it would void the warranty if I didn’t have it shipped.

I don’t think it’s so much that it would void the warranty, but you’d be responsible for getting the machine back to Glowforge, and then sent to a USA address and reshipped back to you (at your expense).

The machine has a destination warranty. For example, mine has a USA warranty. If I were to move out of country, I would still technically have a warranty, but I’d have to arrange shipping for any warranty claims, which would include a USA shipping destination so that it could be reshipped to me.

2 Likes

That is different than the answer I got from them 4 years ago. Since my husband and I had planned to visit the US around the time of the original shipping date (HA, HA, HA, HA, sob), I asked if we could pick it up. That was a big N O. I asked if I could ship to my parents and then take it back on the plane and they said shipping it any way other than by the carrier they chose would void the warranty. The reasoning was that there would be no way to tell if the domestic shipping or the plane ride broke it. If they would have told me it was ok I would have one right now.

I think it’s more a outside of warranty than void warranty.

Had you shipped it to your parents, GF warranty if it broke to there. Once you took it on the plane, while you’d still have mechanical warranty, they would not cover damages it sustained enroute to your home.
And if you didn’t check it at your parents house, but got it home and it was damaged, it may have been broken when you got it at your parents, but you’d not be able to prove that so they might deny the warranty.
So no, it would not be “okay” by GF policy, but you’re obviously welcome to do what you want with your own items as long as you are comfortable with the associated risks. In this case, no warranty on out of country travel.
And as @jbmanning5 pointed out, any mechanical issues, you’d have to get it back to the US and then GF would bring it in under warranty… though again possible issues with that if you tell them it where it was traveling… but I’m no lawyer. But GF lawyers seem overly cautious

2 Likes

Hey, what’s your shipping date now? Oct 2019? Haha! @dan has been doing that for years now - delaying international shipments. Time to throw in the towel!

1 Like

Send an email to support@glowforge.com and they will gladly help you with a refund. It sucks that you cannot wait, but it’s definitely been tough with these last few places being difficult about shipping a laser :-/

1 Like

Thanks for the email add but I already knew it. By the way, I guess it’s not just “last few places”. Hope you could check your facts… Cheers! :blush:

2 Likes

I’m pretty comfortable with the facts, and if you already knew the email address, why post saying you wanted to throw in the towel?

2 Likes