I’ve been working on my Escutcheon for a while (at least mentally). Most of the time meant sorting out Kerf issues and Keylocking the swappable bits (shown in the photos). I finally got to the point where I wanted to share. Enjoy!
The top of the photo shows the swap parts like arm and hair.
You can see that I added depth. Note the interchangeable arms.
It’s cool when the light is on, but it blew out the exposure (iPhone) and you can’t see the blue.
The Eye is loose and I can have him look in different directions. I may add an eyelid that the eye can tuck under for a non-complacent look.
Key locks are made by engraving out a top surface that nests inside an engraved cavity.
I may have had too much time on my hands.