Introducing Snapmark (September 2018)

I’d rather taste the cake than have no cake at all. :wink:

4 Likes

I’m ready for them any time now…
… waiting…

… waiting…

1 Like

Right - exactly. Put the artwork for both sides in the same file, as different colors. ignore the ‘back’ parts when you engrave/score/cut the top. flip them over, ignore the top parts, enable the back side art, and run the same job again.

And I know you from the Makergear Forum! :slight_smile:

1 Like

blush Yeah, I got around a bit. When did you join the Makergear forum? (Or what was your name there?) :grinning:

1 Like

Until the GlowPit™️…

3 Likes

It’s a trap! :joy:

3 Likes

August of last year I have an M3ID. My name is TerryL there, but I am mostly a lurker on that forum.

1 Like

Oh, you joined after I’d left to come here. Nice to meet you…how do you like the M3ID?
Was thinking about getting back into it, just can’t justify a third 3D printer at the moment when the two I have still work perfectly. Independent duals sound mighty sweet though.

1 Like

I like it. The independent dual is fun but it’s a lot of experimentation and now that Glowforge is occupying what mind I have left…… :slight_smile:

1 Like

You should get a Prusa with the new 5 way feed :slight_smile:

3 Likes

FDM is advancing so quickly that what ever you buy someone will surpass it in a few months!

2 Likes

Don’t want to completely hijack the thread, but the problem I’ve seen with multiple color printers is…there are very few designs for them. I can do multicolor printing with a single nozzle on a single color design, but you don’t see many dual color designs, and even fewer at higher than two colors.

I was thinking about trying my hand at designing for multicolor once, and then the GF came along. Maybe one day when I get bored with this. Doesn’t look like it’s going to happen anytime soon.

2 Likes

Creative opportunity.

I loved the way they’re handling getting rid of the remnant color from the nozzle between color switches with a sacrificial wiper design.

1 Like

Prusa has been making statements that lead me to believe they’ll be making multi-color designing Much easier soon!

2 Likes

It is funny how different people see the same advance differently. People seeing multi nozzles as colors and all I see is a hard plastic and a softer plastic in the same design like printing integrated o rings and such.

6 Likes

That’s mainly what I wound up using the dual nozzles for…it’s great for printing dissolving support.

5 Likes

They look great. Can I ask which font you used on the pencils?

I just searched for “free font Star Wars” and grabbed the first one that came up

I need this please i do production constantly check put my machine I would love to test the beta!

1 Like