iOS App not found on Italian App Store?

Just received a new AWESOME Glowforge Pro. And did my first (super) print via browser.
Then I was trying to look for the iOS app, but… couldn’t find it on Italian App Store.
Then I tried with my US App Store login, but didn’t find it either.
Does it really exist an iOS/iPad app?

Thanks and sorry for the noob question :slight_smile:
G

1 Like

Welcome to the community! And congratulations on receiving your Glowforge. To my knowledge there is no GF app. You will access the UI just as you did…using a web browser and the address for the Glowforge app. online. Have a great time!

1 Like

I don’t know why it’s not showing up in the US catalog I have it installed staff will have to answer that, in the meantime Chrome browser works better on iOS anyway.

There is an app; I have it on my iPhone. It was released in April 2018:

But it doesn’t appear to be available anymore. (It’s not in the US App Store either.)

4 Likes

Well oops…I was wrong. I think I remember that now, but I never used it.

2 Likes

Thanks, Tim!
Maybe is Glowforge renewing the app?

PS: so nice to see the community is immediately so supportive :slight_smile: happy to be here…

2 Likes

I think it’s likely that they’ve decided to focus more on improving the web interface, at least for now.

1 Like

Welcome @gianluca! Looking forward to see what someone from Italy, a country with some amazing design credentials, does with the Glowforge.

I haven’t kept up with the iOS app development. Hasn’t been too much of a topic on the forum. Wondering what the status is.

2 Likes

Probably.
Yet a native app, with the potential to use the Apple pencil and quick/easy sharing with other vectorial apps, would be perfect for rapid prototyping tasks (like where we’re in to, with our designers team).
Thanks.

Interesting! I downloaded the app last year. I just checked and it still opens up without an error message, but I don’t see it on the AppStore either. I’m supposed to be sleeping right now so am not going to check out if it still connects. I used to use it occasionally when my Glowforge was still in the garage. I would do all design work on the laptop, upload the file, then just use the iPad to run the job in the garage. In reality, he iPad app provides far less control over the interface, so in that sense it is not preferred. Only thing it has going for it, is that you can look at all your uploaded files at one glance.

4 Likes

Yes, I still have the app as well, but it was always a few versions behind the web app in capability so I never used it more than once or twice.

4 Likes

I have the app, but today when I search the App Store for “Glowforge” the only result that comes back is BoxOMatic. Also, when trying to update my Glowforge app I receive a message that the item no longer exists. RIP Glowforge App

3 Likes

We saw that more iOS users were using their mobile browser than the iPhone beta app, so we decided to take it down for now. To use your Glowforge from your phone, just go to app.glowforge.com from your phone’s browser.

4 Likes