iPhone 12 Pro MagSafe Stand

I got the new iPhone and the new magnetic charging adapter, and wanted a stand for it. A couple of hours, Fusion 360, and a Glowforge later…

Design files here: iPhone 12 Pro MagSafe Stand Files

37 Likes

Very nice practical cut for those with the latest and greatest.

2 Likes

Very nicely done.

2 Likes

Functional and stylish!

Ooh nice! How is the phone working so far?

1 Like

Miserable experience with Verizon trying to get it activated, but otherwise it’s pretty much the same as the last one.

1 Like

Nice job! Seems like it would also work for my XS.

Somewhat. The 12 has magnets that hold the charger on or, in this case, hold the phone on the charger. It could be modified to work with other models by adding a lip on the bottom. But at that point there are other, nicer, Qi charging cradles.

1 Like

I embedded metal discs in a case for my iPhone a few years ago, and magnets into one of the charge pads. It worked for alignment, but I got tired of having to separate them when picking it up.

Updated for the 13 Pro (added a hole for the camera bump to allow it to sit flat).

File here: iPhone 12 Pro MagSafe Stand Files - #16 by chris1

8 Likes

Thank you! so cool

Chris… took your work and edited for a iPhone 12 Pro Max. Also flipped the feet to get it leaning further back and added a tray at bottom to hold the heavier phone. This will fit now with a case on the phone… added a leather cover to make it look good on a desk or night stand.

8 Likes

Any way to get a picture of the back with the stand head on?