Iron Man Start Button

Inspired by @Fneagan and his Death Star start button. Enjoy ironmanbutton

112 Likes

66 Likes

Fierce! Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

FWIW, using the word “escutcheon” will increase the chances of this turning up in relevant searches.

5 Likes

Well that’s interesting.

2 Likes

Huhn. That is odd. It looks like it does that for any tag you search for, allowing only five tags listed by default. Skimming some Discourse meta-discussion, it looks like it is related to tag settings for the category. Not sure if this is intentional for some reason.

@dan ?

I figured that, by posting in the thread using the word, it would probably make it more searchable.

Tags are pretty much useless, because so few threads have them. You’re better off just using the regular topic or title search.

1 Like

I have a hand-written note on my machine that says, “Did you remember to open the vent?” I failed to do so, once - and filled my workshop with acrylic fumes. I like this idea will model my own cartoon to incorporate my warning message.

2 Likes

I’m honored to be your inspiration. :slightly_smiling_face:
cool design btw.

Still a newbie here, but is the file not attached? Sure would love this!

1 Like

Welcome!

The image in the first post IS the file. It is an SVG. To save it, context-click (right-click or alt-click) and choose “save as” from the context menu.

That can be uploaded to the Glowforge directly or, opened in most vector programs for additional editing.

2 Likes

OH! Duh lol Like I said, I’m a newb! :crazy_face: Thanks so much! Can’t wait to cut Tony! (Wait…) lol

2 Likes

Thanks for the ironman svg. I’m very much a nerd and decided to print one out for my forge. But I painted mine to look like war machine

12 Likes

That’s awesome! Also a nerd. My wife and I are watching all the marvel movies in chronological order with all this “down time”

Be well,

Patrick

4 Likes

I just did that not to long ago. I don’t think the wife elect would care to sit through all that.

1 Like

This is awesome! I’m going to try it out of yellow and red acrylic!

9 Likes

That came out great!

1 Like

It’s a great file, really easy to modify! Many thanks to you!!!

iron man start button yellow Iron Man Start Button red

In case anyone wants the split. Teeny little attachments! :slight_smile:

8 Likes