Is any runtime data available?

I’ve been using mostly Proofgrade Medium Density Draftboard with approximately five hours runtime. There is a noticeable cloudy buildup on the interior surfaces due to smoke/resins. The exterior of the laser tube shows this easily.

I think Maintenance lists 40 hours runtime between lens cleaning. I worry that the laser light might interact with smoke/resins deposits to damage these areas.

But the Glowforge folks have done the testing, so follow the maintenance guidelines.

Question: Can the runtime on a specific GF unit be accessed?
This would be a helpful number to know.

5 Likes

Not by the end user.

The unit itself does not store any stats locally, and anything that may be collected in the cloud (the device sends a steady stream of sensor data and logging entries back to the mothership) is not currently available to us.

2 Likes

Pretty sure that was a hopper request though. (From the early days.) :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Also, the 40 hours is more of a guideline. Some materials will require earlier cleaning. MDF, acrylic, and Corian seem to be especially “dirty.”

1 Like

I’ll add rubber stamps to that list. One decent-sized engrave will absolutely house your unit.

One rubber engrave and you’ll be doing a full clean. Trust.

3 Likes

Indeed, and agreed. If you’re using a lot of Draftboard or Proofgrade 1/8" plywood, 5-10 hours might be a better plan. We’ll look at updating our recommendation about that, which was based on data from before we launched those products in their current form.

2 Likes

From now on I’ll save the runtime that the app gives just before launching the PRINT for each project in a database.
Good to know some of the materials that shorten time between suggested maintenance cleans.
Thank you all.

1 Like

Has anyone seen, has there been any update on runtime data being available?

No.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 29 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.