Is anyone else getting this image fails at the bottom of their screens?

I just started getting these in the last day or so

At the very bottom of the window I have the community open in. They’re related to my AdBlock - but they never used to happen so something has changed…I figure I’d get more data before I throw it at P&S.

I’ve gotten them all day today, but only on my pc. Nothing on my phone. And I only noticed it on the forum.

I had not seen the broken images, but I just checked my development console in the browser and there are over a thousand JavaScript errors!

I am wondering is something is broken with Discourse?

2 Likes

Nothing here (Chrome/Mac).

Do you use any sort of AdBlock?

This is what I’m seeing

I am getting them too. I noticed it starting yesterday. There is some text that pops up down there but is so quick that I can’t read it, but I did see the word glowforge there. I am using Microsoft Edge
Version 88.0.705.74 (Official build) (64-bit)

1 Like

Weird. I use AdBlock, and our Eero network also does some preliminary ad filtering.

1 Like

Nothing unusual here at all…

I forwarded this link to support so they could contact Discourse if they wanted to. Hopefully there’s some back-end viewing that can clarify the Javascript errors and why AdBlock+Chrome both does and does not show them (though it is Windows vs Mac on that one).

Just odd. I did double check and I’m on the latest Chrome (88.0.4324.190 (Official Build) (64-bit)) so it’s not that.

2 Likes

I started seeing them yesterday, still seeing them now. Using adblock on Mac Catalina in Chrome.

-edit-
turned off adBlock, turned on uBlock Origin, stopped seeing the broken image icons.

1 Like

Hey, I just saw some, I don’t feel so left out now. :wink:

3 Likes

Nothing here either, Chrome/Mac

I still have them, but they are always at the bottom of my screen, and only in community. Everything else is still good.

1 Like

I wonder what’s trying to put itself down there…? The “There is x unread remaining…” has always been (and is right now) the last thing on the page.

I just realized my screenshot shows all my tabs and bookmarks. Made me reread what it is I have bookmarked and relieved there was nothing embarrassing :rofl:

4 Likes

I did that same scan when recording the video! :stuck_out_tongue:
It was also sad when I went to just record it and the Windows imbedded app said “your system is not capable of recording”. Not sure what its issue as, but as I never intend to record my screen again I’m not going to stress too much about it!

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.