Is it better to engrave before cutting

What do you know, I guess I didn’t look that closely at it. Really, I haven’t noticed it either until I got a batch of pretty warpy proofgrade and nothing I did would make it flat in the middle. It turned out ok anyway though, so was just something I was mildly curious about. But good to know! (And I think maybe I’ll try some plywood pins, I have broken quite a few of the draftboard ones).

2 Likes

Last week, I had an error message about the magnets. I have now encased the magnets in wood.

1 Like

That will not work as it has no effect on the magnetic field. I used steel shim stock but it failed the screwdriver test too. I have some similar to these that passed the test…
https://www.amazon.com/GREATMAG-Magnets-Countersunk-Industrial-Strength/dp/B07R8C4N43/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1DXN59TPY3VAL&keywords=cup+magnets+small&qid=1581556202&s=industrial&sprefix=cup+magnet%2Cindustrial%2C268&sr=1-1#detail-bullets

3 Likes

Mine are ablative, wearing out or breaking. Some get so loose they are only good as sideways limitation. Others get put in with a small leather hammer, and will hold against a very strong warp.

OMG!!! Thank you for posting this. I am going to order these.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.