Is Premium worth the price?

Thanks again for all of the answers. So, here is what I gathered as far as features?benefits you all mentioned.

1. faster uploads
  2. cut out my engravings with shapes
  3. royalty free images
  4. tracing
  5. Text/Fonts directly in app.

With discounted pricing right now, that’s $5/month per feature and take a gamble that more features are coming in the feature and retain the discounted price by buying now. I think I’ll take the gamble and give it a try.

This feels similar to my horse racing venture.
I recently bought into about 5-10% of 5 race horses, but all of them are not racing yet and are just training for now. Paying stable fees, training fees, etc. are all adding up with hopes of profiting in the future. Hopefully, GlowForge will deliver some new and exciting features and making the purchase now will pay off even more down the road. Good luck to you all and wishing you all success and a Happy New Year!

2 Likes
  1. faster uploads

Nope. Uploads are only dependent on your bandwidth. The only performance difference, as already pointed out above, is the time it takes to “process” after you press the PRINT button. Upload and print times are identical.

1. cut out my engravings with shapes

If you’re cutting ovals and rectangles, yes.

1. royalty free images

Yup.

1. tracing

Nope. All owners get trace.

1. Text/Fonts directly in app.

Yup. With no formatting/layout capability.

5 Likes

You just use the measurement tool. Unlock the ratio, and change the dimensions

1 Like

There is also the past print feature which some find helpful.

1 Like

There’s also all the “free with premium” designs in the catalog.

3 Likes

I second Christy on this one…she and I both found out about the cost to use this subscription at about the same time.

Just to be clear, I think he was referring to the outline functionality, not the circles/squares/lines functionality. But I could be wrong.

2 Likes

That outline tool is very cool.

1 Like

What future features will be included with premium? I’m trying to figure out if I should lock in the 250/Yr discount, right now it’s not worth it for me…
very frustrating as I have only 5 days to lock it in.

I don’t think we know what future features will be included, and most of us simply decide to purchase or not based on the existing features. Nothing else is promised.

2 Likes

At 50 or 25/mo. No. Not even close.

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.