Is this a scam? (Answer: No)

Thank you @dan for being that guy who is still at work in the middle of the night to make sure we all can get a kick ass laser we want.

11 Likes

@dan can take a break here and there. But I hope he doesnā€™t think he can take the entire day off on Thanksgiving.

Work, yum yum, kiss kiss, back to work. MINIMUM WAGE! whip YAH!

7 Likes

With the hours Dan is putting in, minimum wage would look like a gold mine (40, plus time and a half).

I figure he is putting in 80 plus hours easily.

7 Likes

I think a better question to ask @dan is are you still on track to ship the first orders of the Glowforge by the end of December 2016? We are all obviously eager to receive it, and some of us are feeling more patient than othersā€¦

4 Likes

But heā€™s already said heā€™ll be making an announcement within the next 8 days, soā€¦

5 Likes

Where did he say that?

Kammi Matson

2 Likes

I donā€™t know. Perhaps somebody with more time than I will search for it for you.

1 Like
10 Likes

And it appears that person is @Jules. :wink:

10 Likes

Oh arenā€™t you cheeky. I just figured if you read it, so youā€™d know where
it was. I hadnā€™t seen anything that said that.
But no worries, I have all the time in the world, so donā€™t worry about
wasting your precious time!

Kammi Matson

Weā€™ve visited it a few times latelyā€¦chuckle! :wink:

1 Like

Indeed. But Iā€™m glad you found it. I thought it was in the announcement about shipping. Couldnā€™t remember at all. I think Iā€™ve read every post on the site. Iā€™ve had to go back and re-read so I can bookmark the ones I want to re-visit when I get my 'forge.

2 Likes

ā€¦cheekyā€¦

16 Likes

I flagged a few of the most recent statements heā€™s madeā€¦because people have been asking frequently, and the answers are getting lost in unrelated topics.

Squee alert! :squeeee:

2 Likes

or Shaky? :thinking:

:sweat_smile:

3 Likes

That has got a nice beat! (Might have to add it to the workout mix so I can shaky-shaky-shaky the ba-donk-a-donk!) :wink:

2 Likes

Welcome @ikammi to the Forum! Are you a recent purchaser or have you just now joined, if you donā€™t mind my asking.

I canā€™t imagine what it is like to come to this forum for the first time and wade through so much information. Itā€™s sometimes hard to figure out what is up to date or not. And also the threads sometimes weave so much information in, itā€™s hard to find the final point. For example, I was looking at all the exhaust solutions discussed. Not sure if I wanted to start a new topic or resurrect an older one. Will decide later.

There are a couple threads that assist in getting introduced to everyone, especially the QOTD topics.

Glad you are here.

7 Likes

Hi marmak, thanks :slight_smile: I purchased a Glowforge during the Kickstarter campaign and Iā€™ve been waiting patiently ever since. Havenā€™t really been on the forums much because my only question for the time being is ā€œWill my Glowforge really ship in Decemeber?ā€

3 Likes

Youā€™re a good man, Charlie Brown!

2 Likes

Ahem - Glowforges were never offered on Kickstarter. Theyā€™ve always been offered strictly as preorders directly from the Glowforge company. Itā€™s a common misconception amongst the general public and oddly enough, GF pre-orerers.

5 Likes