ISO handyman

It is until you have to talk to a lawyer :joy:

5 Likes

Just realized, that was supposed to say $150…sadly the one I was looking at was not the right one. One for my setup would run about $350. The fantec inline would not move enough air for my setup of 20Ft hose…

1 Like

Really…
I don’t know your configuration, but they have fans up to 6,290 CFM.

How did your adventure in ventillation go today?

Ordered a replacement motor and able pick it up tomorrow. Hopefully we can get it working fast.

3 Likes

You know, the fan doesn’t have to be on the roof. You could always put one down at the entrance to the ducting, at least temporarily…

1 Like

Not the way I’m set up…unfortunatly. The end of the vent is in the ceiling…lol. Plus, I don’t have/need an extra fan…
Should be fixed today, hopefully.:grin:

Question, how long does it take for 2 supposably able-bodied repairman to figure out that something isn’t level and it’s causing the fan to hit against the side of the housing?

50 mins apparently :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

9 Likes

Did you have to listen to it hit against the side of the minutes for 50 minutes? Because that would make me not very kind, I think.

1 Like

Hell no, I turned it straight off and told them to fix it…lol

1 Like

was that 50 minutes you had to pay for?

1 Like

He put it on his invoice…I will be talking to the owner when I get the bill…

I’m just glad I have several sets of Allen wrenches because halfway through the guy comes in and says he needs to go to the shop to get a set since his were too big… No doubt he would have tried to charge me for that travel time too.

5 Likes

“i don’t pay hourly for incompetence.”

4 Likes

I see what you did there. And wholeheartedly approve.

4 Likes

Ok, so, it turns out that the screws that held the fan on the spindle of the motor, they just replaced, were loose and the fan was wobbling, thus hitting the sides!!! That’s why they needed the Allen wrenches. They were the ones that put it on in the first place so I don’t understand why they wouldn’t have tightened it from the beginning.

5 Likes

I think the thing that most makes me upset is that if I could have gotten up there I could have probably done all of this myself. I mean I have torn both my lasers apart and put them back together and I’ve rewired my son’s room so I know my way around some stuff LOL

6 Likes

Regarding those set screws, one word - Loctite. (sp?)
There are different grades of it. if it will need to be taken apart sometime in the future, you use the stuff where you can. If you want it permanent, the top rated - it is.
Glad you’re back in business.

2 Likes

Blue for removable (with some force), red for permanent (although you can heat it up enough to remove) & green for a nut/bolt that’s already fastened - it will wick inside without requiring you to disassemble first.

The non-Loctite knockoffs don’t always follow the color scheme so you have to read the package.

4 Likes