Issue with GF fan?

I’ve noticed over the last couple of days on startup of my GF the fan blips in RPM (like its about to start a cut) but otherwise everything is working normally. Its never done this before , but just seems a bit unusual that on the last couple of start ups that its started doing it.

Any reason to be concerned or am I worrying over nothing?

When was the last time you cleaned the Fan?

Not done it yet at all - done about 40 - 50 hours of cutting.

They just rolled out a new “Sleeping” function for the machines. That’s the new normal.

Wonder if it’s not running up a bit and taking a tach reading to verify all (fan) systems good, before a cut starts.

1 Like

Even if it is the new feature, it might be worth cleaning. There’s a wonderful post by @Jules describing a method (and if you have a Basic it’s even easier cuz there’s no heat sink)

Thanks for reaching out, and I’m sorry for any confusion. What you’ve described is indeed new behavior. This is not related specifically to Sleep Mode, but was released at the same time, as part of the fix that addresses the issue discussed in this thread: Exhaust fan not starting every time

I hope that clears things up. I’ll go ahead and close this thread, but please let us know if you run into any other trouble.