It’s a Christmas Putz

Ok maybe not… but same idea? :joy: having a serious obsession with the Mid century paper Putz House’s I figured this year I could take that and mix in my love of laser cutting and come up with at least a series of ornaments and my ambitious self thinks maybe even some tiny full houses to create a village. This is house design one I think I will do them in both bright and a more subdued walnut with pearl accents. I still want to add a tassel to the bottom of the ornament but I really am excited about this project!

46 Likes

Pretty neat, I had no idea this rabbit hole existed hehe. you have some pretty cool acrylic kicking around over there.

6 Likes

It is an amazing rabbit hole of Christmas kitsch :joy::rofl: thank you and I do it took awhile but I try to have some of everything on hand being Canadian means it takes quite some time to get some finishes so I try to be prepared, or at least that’s what I tell myself as I order more acrylic :rofl:

3 Likes

I live in canada as well :slight_smile: do you order from trotec? hard to get things being pretty far north in canada let alone just being in canada hehe

1 Like

Yes I am using trotec now thankfully they are great for a bunch of it but the really weird only comes from the places really looking to cater to those making jewelry which seems to be mostly the UK. But it appears they are trying to bring more and more options in which is amazing cause it gets to my door in under two days

1 Like

I setup an account with them a month ago but haven’t ordered yet. Glad you have been having such a good experience with them and will give them a try next month :slight_smile:

Ridiculously adorable. Are you considering selling the ornaments or files somewhere? I have a lot of mid century modern geeks in my circle.

1 Like

I am likely gonna sell the ornaments possibly on Etsy? Maybe on my own website but definitely locally this year. I am forever afraid to sell files only cause I’m not sure they market for it but I’m open to it for sure I just need to make sure other people can understand it I always create and then just dump the shapes in a single file for simplicity purposes which is likely not user friendly.

1 Like

I sold my ornaments locally last year and it worked out great :slight_smile: paid off half of my glowforge. I sold to business and offered them custom designs, even selling at a discount for bulk orders made some great profits.

Please do post when/if you do :slight_smile:

I will definitely thank you! I have about 30 designed just a matter of making samples and photographing

3 Likes

That’s amazing! I’m hoping to use it as a fundraiser for my kiddos school! But my kids are also not yet back in school so depending on how this year plays out it definitely dictates how much time I have to do it :joy:

2 Likes

I did a mid century teak inspired version as well. In actuality it is walnut, birch and a mother of pearl finish.

24 Likes

So whimsical. Love Love Love!!

4 Likes

Very cool

4 Likes

Awesome!

3 Likes

These are delightful!

4 Likes

I have little doubt that these would fly off the shelf. Either as items or files. Looking forward to seeing your etsy store.

6 Likes

Oh, that is super cute! It really gives off a 50’s vibe.

2 Likes

Good Morning Paper_Ish, wondering if you had decided whether to sell your file, I would love to have this in my MCM shop on Etsy in the US, so adorable.

Thank you

~Retro Girl