It’s beginning to look a lot like........summer

Fall in the Rocky Mountains and we have had record heat. Not why I moved here. So, to help myself, I’ve started on Christmas stuff in an effort to will the snow to come. Both were made with 2 tone acrylic from inventables.

35 Likes

Early or not…these are really sweet. Especially the Santa hats. We have another week of mid-80s coming up here, too (Oregon)…I’m ready for fall. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Only 93 days until Xmas ! Finally dropped out of triple digits here in Tucson (only highs in the upper 90’s this week) Nice earrings/ornaments !!!

3 Likes

Very cute! I suppose if you didn’t have the two tone acrylic, you could just mask red acrylic before engraving then sink some paint in there before removing the masking.

2 Likes

What were your settings? Did you have any masking on the acrylic? I have some two tone from inventibles but haven’t figured out a good setting yet.

The candy cane was done with clear proofgrade settings by mistake. The engrave is a bit deeper than I’ like, but it still came out good.

The hat was cut with clear proofgrade, and engraved at 905/64, with a second pass at 1000/40 to clean it up.
I always take off the plastic mask that comes on it, and remask with transfer paper. I did this on both sides.

Moving to Beyond the Manual to comply with forum policies regarding settings for non-PG materials, and to keep the FNLs happy. :slight_smile:

They’re cute!