It's a Halloween Themed Free File Friday!

Happy Free File Friday!

Today’s Free file is a Halloween Tissue Box Cover it’s snap together! With a little glue for the face :slight_smile:

Made with 1 sheet of 1/8 MDF. You can use any 1/8" material. I made it for a nice tight fit. I painted before I cut. It will fit most standard square tissue boxes.
Personal use only. And You cannot sell the files or changes you make to the file.

Have a great Friday Everyone!

EAD_Ghost_Sheets_Tissue_Cover.pdf (68.1 KB) EAD_Ghost_Sheets_Instructions.pdf (1.2 MB)

121 Likes

That is adorable! Thanks for the share!!

3 Likes

Thanks! I wanted something fun…and easy. LOL

2 Likes

You can paint before you cut? :open_mouth:

3 Likes

:man_facepalming:

You do realize the finish on many materials (i.e. GF “Proofgrade”) is fundamentally no different from paint?

3 Likes

Always. I am horrible at painting. LOL Just let it dry completely and mask.

4 Likes

Ok wow. It just seems way thinner than how I paint, lol. I thought the paint would impede the cuts. but makes sense and glad I was dumb enough to ask :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

There are no dumb questions.

2 Likes

I use a roller and do 2 light coats. It does add some thickness but not enough to impede the cut.

2 Likes

You are welcome!

Good painting (brush, roller, or spray) is about putting down many very light layers.

I printed a piece on baltic birch last week that needed to have a metallic gold finish. I forget the details but I think it had close to a dozen layers on it, a few of which were sanded. You couldn’t even tell the first couple of layers were there. The finish was almost glass hard, compared to the bare wood being very soft.

Engraved like bare wood.

It’s why pre-finished materials from GF are worth paying extra for.

5 Likes

Oh wow @designvh619, thanks very much! I like the sleek lines of this box cover.

Okay, I wanna see that.

3 Likes

Not sure how to “show” hardness, but tap your fingernail on a piece of PG material, then on a piece of unfinished material of the same species. Like that.

1 Like

This is how all files in “Free Laser Designs” are to be treated! Good reminder!!

6 Likes

Thank you, Victor! Such a cute idea, and love the box.

2 Likes

Really like the little locking points for when it is assembled.

1 Like

Developed that for the Shadowbox Coaster holder, been using it ever since for slotted no glue pieces.

2 Likes

Ghost sheets! How perfect - thanks for the share! :ghost: :ghost: :ghost:

2 Likes

LOL. Thanks!!! Happy Halloween!!!

2 Likes