It's a Wood Book!

So aside from lasering, I like writing, and thought Hey, maybe I should combine the two! So I took a poem I’d written, scratched out some illustrations for it, scanned them in using the trace function, and lasered away! It’s called “Down to the Woods” and here’s a peak at a couple pages for you guys! (Disclaimer: It gets slightly dark, think Edward Gorey-esque).

I used cherry wood paper from Trotec for this.

And a general thank you to literally everyone on this forum - I’d be lost without your posts, so THANK YOU!!

39 Likes

Can you just post the last few pages, I need to know where this goes! :slight_smile:

1 Like

For my fellow Glowforgers, of course! But I warned you, it gets dark :I Here’s the whole thing (you can get it on Amazon free this Thursday, Friday, and Saturday if anyone wants a copy).

The End :smiley:

16 Likes

That is awesome, remind me to never piss you off! :slight_smile:

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=down+to+the+woods

I get nothing!

lol, thanks, I’m glad you like it!

Yea, no names like me don’t come up in search results too well lol.

Here’s the author page:
amazon.com/author/kb.lewis

And wait till it’s free!

3 Likes

Great combination of words and wood!

1 Like

Very nice project highlighting two of your talents. I had not heard of cherry wood paper, so there is another new thing to look at.

2 Likes

This is awesome!

1 Like

That got dark quickly!I really like how the style of the illustrations and the color of the wood help set the tone.

1 Like

Thanks so much! And yes, there’s always something new to laser :smiley: !

Thanks!

Lol yea, most things I write tend to go that route :scream: Thanks so much for the positive feedback!

I’m glad you liked it :smiley:

Cool! You are on Kindle Unlimited, I need to do that!

2 Likes

Check it out :smiley: I think I read somewhere Amazon was giving away 2 free months of it to new subscribers

Hi! I wonder which settind you used for cherry wood. It looks amazing! :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Alex,
I will take Glowforge Serial Killer for $1000.

You did an awesome job!!!

2 Likes

Haha thanks so much! I really appreciate it!! And I’m glad you liked it :smiley:

1 Like