It's a Wood Book!

So aside from lasering, I like writing, and thought Hey, maybe I should combine the two! So I took a poem I’d written, scratched out some illustrations for it, scanned them in using the trace function, and lasered away! It’s called “Down to the Woods” and here’s a peak at a couple pages for you guys! (Disclaimer: It gets slightly dark, think Edward Gorey-esque).

I used cherry wood paper from Trotec for this.

And a general thank you to literally everyone on this forum - I’d be lost without your posts, so THANK YOU!!

38 Likes

Can you just post the last few pages, I need to know where this goes! :slight_smile:

1 Like

For my fellow Glowforgers, of course! But I warned you, it gets dark :I Here’s the whole thing (you can get it on Amazon free this Thursday, Friday, and Saturday if anyone wants a copy).

The End :smiley:

15 Likes

That is awesome, remind me to never piss you off! :slight_smile:

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=down+to+the+woods

I get nothing!

lol, thanks, I’m glad you like it!

Yea, no names like me don’t come up in search results too well lol.

Here’s the author page:
amazon.com/author/kb.lewis

And wait till it’s free!

3 Likes

Great combination of words and wood!

1 Like

Very nice project highlighting two of your talents. I had not heard of cherry wood paper, so there is another new thing to look at.

2 Likes

This is awesome!

1 Like

That got dark quickly!I really like how the style of the illustrations and the color of the wood help set the tone.

Thanks so much! And yes, there’s always something new to laser :smiley: !

Thanks!

Lol yea, most things I write tend to go that route :scream: Thanks so much for the positive feedback!

I’m glad you liked it :smiley:

Cool! You are on Kindle Unlimited, I need to do that!

2 Likes

Check it out :smiley: I think I read somewhere Amazon was giving away 2 free months of it to new subscribers

Hi! I wonder which settind you used for cherry wood. It looks amazing! :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Alex,
I will take Glowforge Serial Killer for $1000.

You did an awesome job!!!

2 Likes

Haha thanks so much! I really appreciate it!! And I’m glad you liked it :smiley:

1 Like