It's about

I’m with you there regarding posting. I’m good at making things, but not taking pictures of them. I just bought a portable photo booth so hopefully that makes the taking picture part easier. Next up, posting on a website or Instagram.

3 Likes

…and quite good at displaying. Good job all the way around. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I just joined instagram a few days ago…so far it’s helping me! I’m more likely to just post a photo and run away, than I am to write something out. I tend to be pretty quiet online, and don’t like to push my stuff on people…but I can quietly post a photo without saying much :blush:

4 Likes

Thank you! :smile:

1 Like

I saw your instagram…you should definitely do more of them! :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks! I’m trying, really hard this time…again! haha! Glowforge just shared my photo of the acrylic studs on facebook…I had to scramble to get them listed in my etsy shop! I’m pretty excited they shared it! They have a MUCH larger reach than I do!!
I really am planning on taking a bunch more photos of what I’ve made, and am making, and posting them to instagram. If anyone wants to follow the journey… https://www.instagram.com/roseofsharonllc
I will try to post more pics in the forums too. Besides lots of jewelry and displays, so far I’ve made a wallet, shawl sticks, christmas ornaments, pin looms, aromatherapy air fresheners…ummm, I think there’s more but can’t remember at the moment. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

If you wouldn’t mind sharing, what’s the copper tape product/process like?

I don’t mind at all. It’s a copper tape, about 1/4" wide, that I use for soldering around the edges of glass. I couldn’t tell you the brand as I don’t even know where I got it…probably from a garage sale :slight_smile: It has a backing to it that I peeled off, and just stuck it on around the edge of the display to hide the fabric edge and make it look a little fancier.

2 Likes

Thank you! I found some on amazon. I think it will be a great way to finish cut edges on some pieces.

2 Likes

I have known of the copper tape for some time, but had not thought of using it as they do on glass. Used with solder and wrapped a bit around the edges the solder makes it like an I-beam and is quite strong holding the glass together and with a brazing rod soldered in would make a great corner! It looks like I may need to gear up to that!

4 Likes

What a diverse set of earrings! The dark background is helpful to see the acrylic engravings.

3 Likes

Hi there! Your display and earrings are absolutely beautiful! Question for you, I made a couple pair of simple heart earrings using E6000 and one pair broke. Is there a more preferred glue for acrylic? Thanks in advance!

1 Like

It would appear that E6000 is very strong for itself but not so much for bonding to a flat surface like glass or acrylic. Add any sort of weak surface like laser carbon and it would be a surprise if it even started to stick. Mush it into a complex surface like fabric or even rough wood, and the mechanical hold would be amazing.

For Acrylic the best thing is acrylic solvent that lets the actual acrylic dissolve and connect to the surface, which if another piece of acrylic becomes one solid piece . The problem is that it is hard to control and can make a mess of the surface going where you do not want it to.

Cyanoacrylate (or CA glue) is fast setting and makes a very strong bond to almost any surface and is thin enough to soak in past a weak surface, and thus probably the best for the sort of jewelry findings to acrylic that you are talking about. I have seen it fail on shiny glass however, or break if thick enough to break in the middle.

3 Likes

I would surely be interested in the sheep and whale… I love everything you have created. Well done!

Click the designer’s avatar and you will see the link to their store.

2 Likes

thank you so much. I am still very green around these parts. I am trying to make more of a connection here.

2 Likes

We were all the new person once. We are a friendly, helpful community.

2 Likes

Absolutely the friendliest. Thanks again. I hope you have a nice day.

I found your Instagram and follow you and I’ve also been to your shop. It’s fabulous. I have so much in my cart. I love them all.

1 Like

Hi Laura, and welcome! I’m glad you found me on social media, and I’m happy you like my work :smiley: If you take a look through the GF Catalog, you’ll see a bunch of my stuff in there, including the sheep and whale studs, so if you have premium, they are free!

4 Likes