It's been a 'ruff' year

Our kids all bought puppies at the same time as us…about 13 years ago. Which means they are all dying around the same time. Ours died last fall, our son’s about 3 months ago, our daughter had 2 registered german shepherds and the second one just died only 6 months after the first. And, my niece and nephew also got theirs. My niece’s died a year ago but my nephews they just put down last month. So, it’s been such a sad time around here.
I was happy how this tile came out for my daughter’s dog and wanted to share. :dog2:

40 Likes

The general term around here is “fur kids”… Dogs are family. Losing my last two boxers tore me apart, and I still can’t talk about the Mastiff we had to put down at only 2 years old without breaking out in tears.

The bright side is, there are always more looking for a loving home. Mine is my love, next to only my daughter.

She was 2 days away from being put down when I rescued her from the county shelter.

22 Likes

Aw, she’s so cute. We got a border collie puppy. We live on a couple hundred acres and have cattle. She’s doing well but she’s a puppy and tends to ‘gather’ the cattle when she shouldn’t. Her name is Stella! I had forgotten the energy of a puppy!

11 Likes

The shelter had her as Bella but that’s a stupid name for a dog, so she’s been Dixie since I had her - my ex and daughter agree. I have a 1/2 acre fenced yard but she loves going to the dog park. We’ve done dude ranches out west and it would be amazing to have her go along with us but, alas, not practical.

… but back to the point, there are always more looking for loving homes. It took me over 6 months to get up the courage to find another, and Dixie showed up at the shelter about then. Fate. Whatever. Never looked back. Everyone loves her.

10 Likes

This.

8 Likes

:cry:it’s lovely. Sorry for y’all’s loss

6 Likes

That turned out really nice. Pets truly are family, and it’s always hard to lose one.

7 Likes

Your pets become intertwined with your family and their loss hits you hard. I did this for a friend

16 Likes

That’s beautiful. It would be cool with a solar light at the grave site.

4 Likes

Great idea.

2 Likes

Very nice. I am sure they love it. And welcome back!

4 Likes

Very nice work!

3 Likes