Just moved into a new house and my cats love looking out the window in my office and watching the birds. So this weekend I sketched out a bird feeder and proceeded to design it in Illustrator. Altogether it took 3 hours, most of that was painting, (I was so excited to see if it all went together I didn’t paint it first). Well actually I was going to stain it but my daughter thought I should paint it (I’m glad I did) .
All in all, for the first attempt I am happy with it (and so are the cats) It used 3 pieces of wood and half a piece of acrylic to create. I wanted to do true slanted siding to give it more dimension. The base is removable, so I might design a larger base to see if larger birds will come. I am also going to add a camera to it at some point. One of the roof pieces lifts up to add more birdseed.
Curious to know how you designed this to allow for angled siding. The complications involved with assembling any angle other than 90 degrees are one of my only peeves with laser cutting vs other methods.
I use multiple 3D programs to great effect. The inability to cut on a ramp is a limitation of the laser, not my capacity to design projects with angles. I may have overlooked something extremely simple though, & would love to know more about other people’s methods.