It's for the birds, really for the cats :)

That is a wonderful project.

8 Likes

If I was a bird, I would never move out of this bird house. :bird:

9 Likes

I agree with @ekla - you need to submit this to the catalog! Maybe after you make the larger base. And the cats watching is great!

13 Likes

That looks awesome thanks for sharing.

Keep Creating

8 Likes

Another amazing design from you! I’m assuming this is going to show up in your Etsy shop at some point.

7 Likes

Really nice! The cats will be entertained for hours!

6 Likes

This project is for the birds.

Great job!

10 Likes

Very nicely designed! Looks great and very functional - and a big hit with the birds and cats!

7 Likes

That’s the best version of “kitty tv” I have seen yet. Really nice design, thoughtful engineering.

6 Likes

Curious to know how you designed this to allow for angled siding. The complications involved with assembling any angle other than 90 degrees are one of my only peeves with laser cutting vs other methods.

1 Like

siding technique is awesome. looks fantastic!

4 Likes

Not speaking for @visuplayer, but a 3D design program helps tremendously when moving past the basics. Fusion 360 is one free option (with conditions), and there are others.

2 Likes

I use multiple 3D programs to great effect. The inability to cut on a ramp is a limitation of the laser, not my capacity to design projects with angles. I may have overlooked something extremely simple though, & would love to know more about other people’s methods.

3 Likes

Isn’t it really for you, to watch the cats, watching the birds?

8 Likes

Your base should have a few tiny drain holes for water to escape even if it’s on the edges.

4 Likes

The 3D programs help with sizing your slots/tabs correctly to accommodate angled pieces, but yeah, lasers won’t cut on an angle.

@cynd11 did some experimenting with angling the material to achieve mitered corners that came out nicely, but there are definitely size limitations.

8 Likes

Its all about the base, bout the base.
Great work! I love how it came out.

5 Likes

Yes, I enjoy watching them and the birds, first time I have had an office with a window.

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice, I will try that.

2 Likes

Yep, our bird feeders are definitely for the cats.

3 Likes