It's happening

I think in some ways, the forum is just beginning. While some of us may not be here as often, I foresee this community forging ahead as a place of sharing, a place of learning…

6 Likes

Forging ahead. I see what you did there

3 Likes

Congrats! Can’t wait to see what you make!

2 Likes

Delivered :white_check_mark:

Box has a little rash on it but no serious punctures or tares. Unfortunately it was on its side and the drive left it (didn’t know it was here until I checked the tracking).

Back to work - will be setting this baby up TONIGHT!

33 Likes

wow, you didn’t feel that terrible cough coming on?

11 Likes

maybe a little…

Gotta wait to get it home and open it with my wife :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Could you write a general “Out of Work” note for all of us to use when we get our shipments?

10 Likes

Congrats!
Box looks much better than some!

1 Like

Yes, definitely. My wife and I decided that if the box looked back (like there might be damage) that I could open it to inspect and if it was okay that we would wait to get it home and open it together… I might just go stab a few holes in it :wink:

11 Likes

I’m in for the long haul. There are just going to be too many cool things getting posted. And the drama will continue until the original development goals are perfected. And then 2.0 gets started!

So “this side up” is just a wasted sticker!

Congrats and enjoy!

8 Likes

Wait until the drama that causes :grinning: All of those “should have been in the first iteration” and “had I known what was coming in 2.0 I wouldn’t have bought the first version”…

8 Likes

wow, that’s love! I’m so happy for you, and thanks for sharing your mixed emotions. I feel the same way. I’m so excited and happy that my GF will be here soon, but there is a bitter-sweetness to it. As a community, we shared the longing and anticipation, but I’m excited to also share the joy watching others receive it, and really can’t wait to see what everyone makes. The Beta and PRU have been so inspiring!

btw, I warned my husband that he and I will both be taking a vacation day when she arrives. He often works from home, but the GF will be in our office, and I don’t think he’d be able to focus on work that day :slight_smile:

Are you naming yours? If so, what did you choose?

6 Likes

What very kind and good sentiments, Mark! I’ve enjoyed it all very much, too. I’m not sure what I’ll feel like when I finally get my production GF, but I’m thinking I would miss all the camaraderie and for sure, all the help I’ve gotten from so many here. Congrats on your new Glowforge!

2 Likes

We really haven’t decided… Part of me has an aversion to naming object but then again I have named all my cars. We’ve talked about it a lot and still haven’t come up with a name we like better than Glowforge (which is spectacular and yet doesn’t really make sense)

It’s going to be a game time decision tonight when we get it setup.

4 Likes

:squeeee:I’m so excited for you! I agree that Glowforge is a great product name.

1 Like

Yeah, hubs often works from home. He’s not particularly interested in the :glowforge:, but since his job requires a good deal of phone time, I’m not able to run the machine when he’s working from home.

I feel you … but you actually have to name it in order to get it online. Sadly, I let the guys pick a name for the PRU. Will not make that mistake when my production model arrives!

Hope you fare better in the naming department, and more importantly - congratulations, and enjoy!

2 Likes

Congratulations!:confetti_ball::tada::balloon::champagne:

1 Like

7 Likes

Follow the update here!

2 Likes