Following up on:
We set it up late last night and made our first print or cut… what are we calling them?
A couple things before I get into how amazing it is…
- The box is of course A LOT bigger than I was expecting. Barely got it through the door. I had seen the unit in person at MakerFairNY but it looks so much bigger in my apartment.
- It’s noisy. Not just loud but there are a lot of different noises, motor noise, pump noise, fan noise - because our room is small I might have to wear hearing protection (just so it doesn’t give me a headache).
- It’s not as heavy as I thought it would be but you definitely need two people to move it especially though doors haha
- The included hose is nothing special and the clamp does not match the manual. It comes with the worse clamp known to man soooo if you’re expecting a delivery head over to you home store and buy one of those screw type hose clamps.
- This might seem dumb but one thing that wasn’t in the manual (at least I couldn’t find it) was how to shut the Glowforge off… Any other owners what to chime in? I just flipped the switch because I couldn’t find anything haha
*we didn’t get that black crumb tray
Okay now onto the fun stuff!
The Glowforge is amazing, hands down, just turn it on and go. We didn’t have that much time so my wife and I each printed a founders ruler.
In the box. Floor tiles are about 1’x1’ for scale.
Its new home (still moving in and need to clean!)
Starting it up!
Pressing that button!!!
we’re going to be making some more things tonight so stay tuned!