It's the simple things in life

Finishing up a vanity for my step-daugher and needed a quick template for drilling the holes for the pulls. 3 minutes in CAD, 2 minutes on the laser and all of the pulls are perfectly lined up. This is what’s spectacular to me about this tool - simple, quick things to help me in every day life.

38 Likes

YES! 100%

I love that wood. It looks like Hickory.

9 Likes

Got a pic of the actual template?

8 Likes

I’ll take one later (at work now) but it’s essentially a 2 3/4 x 13 3/4 rectangle with 2 1/8" holes cut out at the precise spot.

And the wood is Hickory for the drawers, GOOD birch ply for the case work. I have about 1500 linear foot of reclaimed hickory flooring that I’m using for projects. Next up is another vanity with a different drawer layout for my other daughter. Then a Dominion storage case!

11 Likes

Gorgeous! She is a very fortunate girl.

6 Likes

I did the same thing for my kitchen cabinets, a corner on the template so just shove it against the edge and the corner of the door. Fast, and precise - the template and the laser! :sunglasses:

8 Likes

That’s beautiful!

5 Likes

I couldn’t agree more!

3 Likes

Photo of the jig as requested. Simple!

6 Likes

That is some really lovely wood. Quick, accurate templates have been one of the most welcome treats of laser ownership. I do this constantly.

5 Likes

Beautiful work!

3 Likes

that is a beautiful desk!

4 Likes

Amen.

Beautiful desk!

2 Likes

That vanity is beautiful! And way to go - reclaimed flooring, that’s awesome!

1 Like