I've reorganised my workspace

'Cos I know you are the only people who will understand what it means to re-organise your workspace and install new shelves :slight_smile:

Actually quite a lot of this is also made on my GF. All the boxes and tiny drawers are GF of course. A lot of the miscellany on the shelves are either tests, samples, experiments or inspiration from my GF.

But also the shelf spacers themselves are cut to size on the GF then glued together. These provide the spacers at the edges of the shelves that hold the whole thing up. This means the shelves are easily adjustable.

Also, you can see Steampunk Annie in the corner who is wearing GF clothes and props.

The clocks and wall art above my desk are all GF as well.

55 Likes

Wow, this looks great! Mine could use some reorganizing!

3 Likes

Trouble is, I have to do this every 6 months as I add more tools, more suppliers, more scrap I can’t get rid of, more GFs!!, more samples and tests

6 Likes

That’s gorgeous! I feel your pain on always having to do it again. It’s the same issue city planners have. By the time their plan is complete the city has already grown…you gotta try to plan for what you’ll have 2 years down the road :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, I wanna live somewhere I get to have an entire crafting workshop!!!

9 Likes

Wonderful workspace; I’m envious. My GF sits on a wheeled TV stand in front of the washing machine, and I’m always having to wheel it around to go from the washer to the dryer.

6 Likes

Nice workspace! My GF is in our small library, which also houses a treadmill and two robo hamster cages, in addition to a ton of books and supplies. It’s gotten very crowded in there

4 Likes

Looks really great! And, besides being a wonderful area for designing and making…it looks pretty darned cozy!

2 Likes

Two? GFs? Jealous i am! Wish I had that much space. :disappointed:

4 Likes

I am jealous, too. 2 GFs and a big space to play! Wow!

2 Likes

Boston Dynamics Hamsters?

2 Likes

That’s one hell of a beautiful workshop! Wow. <3

1 Like

Trust me, it doesn’t quite look that good in the flesh!!!

That would be something! I’ll have to put in a request. :wink:

Seriously, though. They are Roborovski Dwarf hamsters. They are adorable, but entirely unpractical for us as pets. They don’t love human interaction and they are really tiny and fast. My daughter fell in love, so we got them, but I should have just gotten a hamster she could hold. As it is, we got three because there were three in the cage together. They prefer to be solitary, though, so we split one off who was bullying the others. Then the second turned on the third. And now we have two.

2 Likes

So build for more than the space you need. I have so much stuff ((or so little space) there is no place “out of the way” for it to go while I organize it better. But on a small scale if i am organizing needle files I build for more needle files than I can find as when I find or buy more they have an organized place to go.

Wow that looks fantastic. Care to come do mine… ya know, as a demonstration.

3 Likes

It looks fabulous! I know I would enjoy it.

My Glowforge is in the basement, I use the computer in the would-be dining room on the first floor to do design work. Paint, dyes, clamps are also there. (That one room houses what most would need at least two rooms for). Art takes a lot of space. Then my materials are in the 4th bedroom on the 2nd floor. Sometimes there is a lot of running for a project.

I do utilize an iPad laptop if more than a couple of quick cuts.

Would love to have it all together like your beautiful space!

4 Likes

Quote-worthy!

4 Likes

art and function become one. That space must be a joy to create in!
Rich

1 Like

On a good day when it’s tidy it is great.
On a bad day when it us untidy and there is stuff everywhere and I can’t move - it drives me nuts!!!

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.