Jack-o'-Lantern Puzzle

Hellow friends. We love Septober! It’s the greatest month of the year. My wife and I worked together to create this great puzzle. I suggest burning it large as there are some very thin pieces. Hope you enjoy it!

Septober puzzle

66 Likes

Wow! When you check in after an absence you make a big entrance. Thank you for this very fine puzzle file.

9 Likes

Ohhh, i loved your other puzzles! Can’t wait to print this one! Thanks for the share!!

7 Likes

What scale did you choose? How wide is the pumpkin?

Very nice, thanks!

3 Likes

It was designed on a 12 x 20 plane but didn’t fill that entirely. When I uploaded it to the Glowforge I maxed the height and kept the width to scale. So this is nearly 12 inches tall. Sorry, that isn’t very specific, but hopefully it helps.

4 Likes

Yeah definitely. I guess you could do it on multiple sheets and make it as big as you want, but that scale looks good.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing!!

5 Likes

Wow thanks for the share, this is great!

4 Likes

Awesome, thank you!

5 Likes

Cute and fun! Thanks for sharing!

5 Likes

Thanks for the lovely share!

4 Likes

Oooooo! This is awesome. Thank you!

3 Likes

how amazing! thank you!

3 Likes

Wow! It is so awesome! Thank you very much!

3 Likes

Thank you for the share!

2 Likes

So fun method of working this, now matter how you plan to cut it, if you take a pit an extra outline, you can do a 2 layer cut the bottom layer being a border and you can ether leave it blank, or lightly score the bottom layer so you can have a hint of what goes where. I did that with the leaf and it came up much better and made the over all puzzle sturdier

2 Likes

What an interesting idea! Can you share a picture of it?

1 Like

So it’s not the best angle because I can’t seem to find the picture I sent my wife. But This is the leaf puzzle from the catalog, it’s main cuts are all loose, so I went ahead and used the tool on GFUI to make an appropriate spaced outline and went it twice, once cutting the outline after scoring the inside with a very light 10 power score, and then cut the top layer as normal with the frame I added, some super glue on the medium draft board I used and that badboy was good do go!

8 Likes

Oh yeah, that is very cool. Thanks for the idea!

1 Like