"Japanese" Themed Light Sign

I love making things and adding in nostalgia elements to it. Points to you if you know what movie this is based from. It was a very fun build. I designed most of this (and many other items) while streaming on Twitch.
I love learning new skills and creating fun svg files.
Karate Kid Light Sign.zip (237.8 KB)

Playing with the settings to make the sun was the trickiest. I still feel like it was a little too dark, but it still works.

66 Likes

Very nice design. Thank you.

1 Like

Looks like you did a lot of wax on, wax off. :wink: (I have to be honest and point out the glaring name of the file lol.) This is a really beautiful and classic design and all the elements work so well together. That base blends so well with the antique feel of it. Super nice of you to share it with us.

6 Likes

Haha, I guess I didn’t realize that one… lol. Just making it easy.

1 Like

I will add that the one I made (and pictured) had the top cut off instead of scored, but the file itself was corrected before uploading.

Kill Bill Vol 2 comes to mind… but even without a movie tie-in, love the design!

3 Likes

Pretty! Thanks for the share!

1 Like

I love this! It’s beautiful work!

1 Like

What a fabulous design - so many possibilities. Thanks for the share!

1 Like

It’s a lovely design—thank you!

1 Like

Really cool! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Good piece, thanks for sharing

1 Like

Your timing on this is perfect! We just found out we are getting Orders to Japan! I’d love to make this as soon as my GF is back up and running! Thank you so much for sharing it!

1 Like

Thanks so much for sharing this incredible design!! Was looking at the file. Does it actually cut out the tree as thats the setting im showing. Cut setting.

1 Like

You’ll want to set the tree to etch or the light won’t hit the tree.

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing your file. I love the way this looks and can’t wait to try it out.

2 Likes

Very cool, thank you!

1 Like

It’s Official! We have Orders to Japan! Another Glowforge is on the way thanks to Customer Service and I can’t wait to make these for family once it arrives! Thank you so much for sharing this. It’s absolutely perfect and stunningly beautiful!

1 Like

Thank you for those kind words!