Jedi Holocron - Happy Birthday to my hubby

Acrylic center. Basswood outer. Might paint. Will make another one that glows. Note: does not rotate on corners, but might try to figure that out in the future.

Still working on Sith Holocron.

40 Likes

Very cool!

3 Likes

Many thanks c:

Love it!

4 Likes

This is a really lovely design! Happy birthday to your husband :cake:

5 Likes

Just beautiful with the blue acrylic.

4 Likes

Very nice!

1 Like

Nicely done. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Thanks everyone! I went through a couple trials and error getting the acrylic to do what I wanted. But it all worked out and hubby loves it.

3 Likes

Some very judicious playing with small neomagnets and perhaps an electromagnetic ring?

I was thinking some kind of nut and bolt bar or something. The cylindrical bar goes through the main octohedron and the pyramid corners so they can just spin.

Yes but with magnets they can also float, and with an electromagnet spin on their own :grin:

1 Like

That’s more complicated than I’m ready for. Hubby keeps trying to add lights and gizmos and I’m here like “I just started wood crafting.”

2 Likes

A good division of labor, let him do the gizmos and you do the wood?

Haha maybe. If he can figure out how!

1 Like

looks great

1 Like

Lovely composite and geometrics. Great attention to details

Thank you! I pulled from multiple references of different Holocron styles. They were all fairly similar but different-ish. I had to make a minor edits so the inner diamond/circle could sit without being glued but it turned out well.