Jeep Swag

Any good print has a good backstory :slight_smile:

So in high school my dad gave me and my sister a budget and told us to pick out a car that has to meet the requirements of being a manual and a convertible (in his opinion, its the only times in your life where its practical to have a convertible and it not be a midlife crisis). My sister picked a VW bug and I picked a jeep. Little did I know, I think my dad was having a midlife crisis because he use to ground me for no reason just to take me jeep. I took my jeep far away to collage and my jeep has always been my baby. I have done the mods myself (this is my jeep):

Sooooo my jeep has been struggling the past few years with electrical gremlins. In my free time I have been trying to chase them down and finally after years of work, I resolved what appears to be the majority of them. It has lasted well all summer. So my jeep is running again and I decided to glowforge some jeep swag by putting suede pants and a hat in the glowforge:

And these are the result (where my dog decided to join in)

Yup, the suede was well stretched in these photos and held up well. Turns out suede is something that glowforges really well.

39 Likes

These look awesome! Good to know it holds up well. Thanks for the share.

5 Likes

Love the jeep and the latest swag. Also, that Weld County sky makes me a little bit homesick.

3 Likes

Most amazing place I have ever lived. My first summer internship was with HP in Houston. When HP asked if I would do another internship I said just to send me anywhere in Colorado. I ended up in Fort Collins and that is just the most amazing place. Hoping to get back there soon enough and I hope my jeep can make the trip. It does need a lot of TLC but the lift and fenders were what I did when renting out a shop in Fort Collins.

4 Likes

Cool pants! Amazing what a mid life crisis will get you!

2 Likes

Love the hat! Love the Jeep!! Love the pants!!!

Absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the big beautiful pup!!!

4 Likes

Cute Jeep, dog, pants & hat (in no particular order). Good to know about the suede.

2 Likes

What an awesome idea, and it looks great!

2 Likes

Great post!! Glad you still have your jeep.

2 Likes

I may have bought my youngest a Jeep so I can steal it from her occasionally.

4 Likes

Lol I think I would do the same in the future. What is funny is that my dad recently bought a tricked out jeep just screams midlife crisis. I still love my jeep more even if I now have zip ties holding in the sway bar. It could use a bit more TLC I guess but those things really are a bucket of bolts :slight_smile:

What year jeep did you get your youngest?

2 Likes

It is a 2020. When I looked recently it is worth about $5K more a year later used. Crazy times right now. I will definitely be keeping it when she gets another car. We generally get them each another car when they finish college and they launch. Middle daughter is finishing up grad school so we are looking for her right now so she will be set for a few years.

1 Like

I hear its crazy with cars now. I bought a FJ after college but still have my jeep. My dad went off and has now bought 2 jeeps (one the same as mine and the other is a tricked out JL that just screams midlife crisis (it never ends).

3 Likes

I miss my 1982 keep CJ 7

2 Likes