Jeep Wrangler Spare Tire Delete Plate

This back lighted Jeep Wrangler Tire Delete Plate is made of Red, White, Blue, Clear, Black and Smoked acrylic cut with my Glowforge and some stainless steel and aluminum parts that I cut with my 2000 watt LVD Lynx Fiber Laser. It allows you to remove your rear tire mount and cover the area with a rugged yet good looking custom addition to a Jeep. It has a backlight reflector that is custom made of mirror polished aluminum and has two circuit board arrays with 96 super bright white LEDs. The Flag lights up when the brake is applied and is clearly visible even in daylight. The outer cover plate is made of 1/8" Stainless Steel and is powder coated with a black texture. I use blackened stainless steel bolts, Delrin washers, black gasket material, and black plastic hole plugs for covering existing factory holes in the back tailgate. Even though I used some metal parts, the entire project could be made from acrylic.

31 Likes

That is a sexy looking Jeep.

The only thing missing is a rack for an AR-15 or a Vepr 12 with a 25 round drum!

2 Likes

Nice piece of custom work there. Lighting it is a cool touch!

That’s quite the machine… :star_struck:

3 Likes

I do have one that holds multiple types of both single and double stack magazines, .22, .380, 9mm, .40, .45 and of course AR15.

6 Likes

It always impresses me. Will cut 1/2" steel like paper

5 Likes

Looking at the company’s site it shows a bedroom sized machine :no_mouth:

2 Likes

Wow, that looks great.

Thats just cruel :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: now I must go seek forgiveness for coveting.

2 Likes

Actually would take up most of a 3 car garage. I covet it too.

4 Likes

Really nice,
I’m jealous and now have to make some of these for my gun safe and store my AR mags in…

1 Like

Mighty fine looking

2 Likes

The most amazing thing is you actually managed to get a tag that says JEEP.
Just. Wow…

Nice looking rig. Thanks for the share

6 Likes

You’re right! I didn’t notice that. That’s amazing!

1 Like

That looks great! I have been looking for glowforge projects to do for my Jeep. This is mine. So far I just sew my tops but would love to do something that also uses the glowforge for it.

7 Likes

You sewed that Jeep cover??? Impressive. I guess you could do your own doors too.

3 Likes

I didn’t sew the cover. I didnt have my walking foot machine yet at that time :confused:

But the text was a cricut creation :slight_smile:

1 Like