Johnson Plastic Cup sleeves

Hello. Has anyone used Johnson Plastic Saddle collection cup sleeves?
I also downloaded the spec sheet, I don’t think any of this would hurt a GF.
Thoughts?

1 Like

Resin is a no-no. (Can’t remember why). Sorry, but I wouldn’t risk it. :neutral_face:

Saddle collection is designed to be lasered, it won’t hurt the laser. As with any material (particularly synthetic stuff), be sure your ventilation is set up properly and have fun.

It’s been mentioned many times here, a quick search will let you find out if anyone went deep on testing.
https://community.glowforge.com/search?q=saddle%20collection

3 Likes

Resin is a generic description. Everything from plant, insect or some made material. Discussions in the past have centered around epoxy resin which gives off fumes. But trees have resin under the bark. That said, the resin here is not described.

1 Like

As stated by @evansd2 above, JP Saddle collection is designed specifically to be laser-safe for hobbyists/crafters.

1 Like

Yep, I’ll retract that warning. The web page states that it IS laserable, so knock yourself out. :smile:

3 Likes

Thank you everyone

3 Likes

You could adapt this jig for your setup. I thought it needed to small so as not to stretch the material, but the opposite is true. You want it as snug as possible to be flat. Just make sure you use the total thickness.

One of the biggest things to watch out for are items containing chloride, like PVC. So stay away form anything with a PVC content. The laser will create Chloride gas which is very toxic and also corrosive to the optics and other components of the laser.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.