Joining the club!

Hi,
Got my Glowforge on Friday!
I ordered my Pro on the very last day of the fundraising month two years ago. I got my “shipping” email Nov 28th, the UPS notification on Thursday Dec 28th and it arrived the next day. (I’m in Seattle, it didn’t have far to go from the factory in California.)
Box arrived with very little damage and all four handles. I had a little trouble getting it to connect to my wifi but once I did I was able to print the founders ruler in just a few minutes.
Then I got to work on an escutcheon:

Now every time I start a cut I can shout “Fire the Wave Motion Gun!”
(That’s the Space Battleship Yamato for those of you who aren’t as big of a nerd as me.)

Inkscape is going to be a bit of a learning curve but it didn’t take long to figure out how to embed the image and set up some cut paths. The posts in the Tips and Suggestions have been very valuable.

Now I’m off to the store to look for materials and hardware for some of my first design ideas!

This is going to be fun.

52 Likes

Yahoooo, congrats!

1 Like

Love this.

1 Like

Welcome to the club! Nice escutcheon :sunglasses:

1 Like

I really need to sit down and cut an escutcheon soon.

1 Like

Used to watch Star Blazers when I was a kid. The “wave motion gun” brings back memories!

4 Likes

We’re off to outer space.
We’re leaving mother earth.
To save the human race.

Went off air MANY year ago, and still remember all of it.

5 Likes

It looks great!

Excellent!

Awesome escutcheon! Hope you get to “Fire the Wave Motion Gun” to bring those design ideas to life.

Cool escutcheon! :grinning: