Journey of 1000 miles

hello community, i’m thrilled to be here! i’ve already learned so much from you just lurking around waiting for my machine.

this is a 5" diameter raster engrave burned at the default HD graphic setting on medium proofgrade draftboard. i tried draft and SD first, but they were too coarse and interfered with the edge detail. weeding the paper on the first two was quite laborious and i like the burn effect anyway; so on this one i removed the paper first and lightly touched up the finished piece with 400-grit sandpaper to brighten some of the elements. before and after sanding shown below the full image.

i drew the design on ipad with apple pencil in autodesk sketchbook pro at 7000x7000 pixels, placed the two cutlines in illustrator, exported as SVG, and sized to 5" in the GF app.

thank y’all for being here.

38 Likes

Welcome to the forum. What a great result you have achieved and shared with your first post. I look forward to seeing your next projects.

6 Likes

Hi there, glad to have you join us. This is your first work? Wow, can’t wait to see what you do next.

Thanks for the info on the software; something new for me to check out.

2 Likes

thank you kelley1, i see you’re a cat lover – we have four, so there will inevitably be some cat artwork at some point :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome!
Thanks for showing your work. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

thank you PrintToLaser – you must be on at least 90% of the posts i’ve read, so thanks for all your contributions :slight_smile:

1 Like

What a cool design! The guitar lovers will be thrilled.

5 Likes

You’re very welcome, but I’m quite sure I’ve received more from this community than I’ve given!
Besides the education, the friendships I’ve found here add to the value.
Enjoy your adventure!

6 Likes

Nice job! Welcome to the tribe.

4 Likes

Really great project! Welcome to community!

4 Likes

That looks great!

4 Likes

Nice way to make a splash on the forum! Great work!

2 Likes