Just a little paper work

This looks SO FANTASTIC. I’m really excited by work like this. The fineness of the elements is so appealing and unique.

2 Likes

Although much of the Oracal line is PVC based, this metallic polyester film is not. They have a few other metal colors as well; I’d like to try a chrome colored one.

4 Likes

Stickers that look like metal and are made on a laser? WOW!

8 Likes

Yeah, if she would not have specified that they were made from paper, I would have definitely said they were wire.

2 Likes

Those are awesome!

The new 9" model is super compact and can take both 9" and 5" cartridges :grin:

(I used to use the commercial version at work years ago, too, these consumer models are a steal with coupons. Plus you have the option of permanent or repositionable adhesive)

Just phoned USA, to hear that the package has arrived before me.
Wendy says you had done it up like Fort Knox, so in good order then !
Thanks again, and as soon as I can, I’ll send a report on what I have in mind to do with it.

:upside_down_face:

7 Likes

Oh, bad timing–I thought you’d be in the US by now.

Travel safely!

3 Likes

Fabulous! Thanks for sharing. I, too, had to read your post twice and then look closely to get that the embellishments were paper. They’re beautiful.

Thanks also for the links to the repositionable mounting tape. and for mentioning Oracal. I’m not familiar with that company.

1 Like

I use a Cameo cutter, which is similar to a Cricut . It cuts paper, adhesive backed vinyl, thin copper foil and many other materials. I only use mine for cutting, but the cutting head can be changed to one that dispenses ink. Now that I have my GF I don’t know how much use my Cameo will be getting. Time will tell…

1 Like

I’d guess none. I’ve got five digital cutters…haven’t touched them in three years. :smile:

2 Likes

I still use my cutter frequently for vinyl and HTV. It’s a great thing to have in the toolbox, but I do more laser stuff for sure.

1 Like

I have a question about working in the GF with paper. how do you avoid the burn marks on the edges? is there a way?

Well, you can minimize them by tweaking settings to just barely cut through, but in my experience I’ve not been able to eliminate it completely. So I wipe a cotton pad slightly dampened with bleach across the stain and that helps a lot. Only works for white paper though.

1 Like

For most of the coated stock I use, a little rubbing alcohol on a shop/paper towel usually takes it off the surface. I haven’t messed with removing char on the actual cut edges yet.

3 Likes