Like I said in the other post, my sister is floating between four schools, which means she needs four nameplate. I only had enough wooden material to make two identical plates, so I decided to up the ante on my design and use my acrylics for two more.
I opted to stick with a thick clear acrylic base then added an additional medium white layer for both. One I stuck with the JMU theme and added a reverse engraved clear name on purple (there’s a frosted piece on the back).
The next was more of proof of concept, I’m ok with it but not “pleased” with the results. I wanted an all clear glass theme but quickly changed course as I began assembling. There are four tiers to the base, thick clear, medium white, medium clear, Inventables white marble. After I glued the clear on top of the white I realized my idea would show too much glue area, so I switched to the marble to “cover it up”. I’ll have to do more research into TAP and Weldon for their acrylic glues before I attempt making an all clear version, which undoubtedly I will try with the green glass acrylic instead.