So I tried a couple test prints on cardboard to play around, nothing big. But I had the idea yesterday, very last minute, to create a custom ornament for my friend that we were going to visit in a couple hours to attach to her birthday present.
It came out okay, but once I saw it in progress I realized my mistake in the design. I forgot to think in the terms of material being removed and I just layered an engrave over another engrave (which also meant longer print time). Here was the result:
Not terrible, but once I realized I needed to setup the cuts and scores in a SVG and separate the engrave into a separate JPG and do a 3D engrave, I tried again with my second take on the design. So now I am doing custom ornaments for my friends to use as gift tags as well. #LaserOn!