Just for Fun: SnakeBox Toy

Yeep! Yeah, I draw the line at a strange snake coming in for a cuddle! (Pet snakes are okay.) :hushed:

3 Likes

you could probably recreate the snake part as a scorpion tailā€¦

1 Like

Would spiders be better? :wink:

2 Likes

Gakkkkk! No!

Snakes I can endure.

1 Like

:joy::rofl::sweat_smile: Iā€™m not sure what told me that was probably going to be the case.

You DO like Lucas, though, right?

4 Likes

Oh, well, everybody likes Lucas. As long as I donā€™t have to touch him.

3 Likes

XOn the MAKE website I found The Most Useless Machine. Iā€™m sure the box could be cut by the GF, and internal mechanics can be purchased for assembly.

A toggle switch on top of the box is pushed into the position. An ā€œarmā€ suddenly pushes up part of the top as it moves forward to turn the box OFF. It retracts into box and the boxā€™s top shuts.
The only thing this machine does is turn itself OFF.

If anyone knows of any file of such toy, please share with group.

Did you try Thingiverse? :slightly_smiling_face:

Google Sharks with lasers. Martin posted his design & instructions for the useless box on his blog.

2 Likes

Would you have a link? I canā€™t find this site on google. Thanks.

Oh, yeah, that search brings up a lot of fluff, doesnā€™t it! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Hereā€™s one of Martinā€™s posts with links to his files, you might be able to find it there (I havenā€™t gone looking, so YMMV).

2 Likes

Appreciate it. Thank you.

geek2nurse
Regular

September 2

Oh, yeah, that search brings up a lot of fluff, doesnā€™t it! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Hereā€™s one of Martinā€™s posts with links to his files, you might be able to find it there (I havenā€™t gone looking, so YMMV).

2 Likes

I would have been packed by morning! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I thought about posting the photo of one of @timjedwardsā€™ and my brothers holding a live copperhead by the head, after heā€™d caught it outside the front door at our last family gathering a few months ago. But Iā€™ll be nice. :wink:

2 Likes

Iā€™m ok with snakes ā€¦ at the zoo ā€¦ behind glass. Just donā€™t want them to have access to my person. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

They are pretty fascinating creatures. I really prefer the nonvenomous sort, specifically in sizes that are too small to swallow/squeeze me (or anyone else) to death. :slight_smile:

1 Like

A gift from my snake guy @ fish and wildlifeā€¦

The actual snake (Red Tailed Boa) was 13 ft but this was all the molt that I could dry (9 ft). If you donā€™t like snakes, donā€™t click below.

IMG_9408

3 Likes

Thatā€™s lovely.
Iā€™d much rather look at this than at spiders.

2 Likes