Just got a pre-release yesterday, some pics & items made

There are some products where effective packaging is not worth the cost against some breakage in shipment. (Of all things, florescent bulbs seem to be in this category as we would always get boxes of them with some breakage when a little more in packaging would have resolved the matter.) Glowforge is not on the same continent as any of those products.

2 Likes

Mercury is bad juju, though…eeeshk!

Too true, but I never handled a box of florescent tubes that didn’t have breakage. Freaked out on one box because I thought the entire contents were destroyed…then I realized THAT box had a rain stick.

9 Likes

a rain stick?

1 Like
3 Likes

So, someone had packed an actual rain stick in the box?

It was packaged separately, but sounded amazingly like a package whose contents had been smashed to bits inside a tube. The relief when I realized what it was…

4 Likes

LOL! Oh, ok…I would have not known what that was, and been like “oooh, look, a stick”

4 Likes

Lol sort of how loose legos sound…my son received a package from my friend for his birthday…filled with her now grown kid’s legos…she didnt tell me what she sent beforehand so I freaked out thinking it was smashed to pieces…lol

10 Likes

Sweeeeet!!! lucky you! Congrats and have fun!!!

1 Like

Ouch.

6 Likes

Dang.

3 Likes

Oh Snap!

2 Likes

To be frank, it’s not that they can’t handle it, it’s that your response (and this one as well) can easily be read as being intentionally insulting. That sort of language is not appreciated in this forum very well. So yes, your entry was flagged, and I wouldn’t be surprised if your current response also becomes flagged.

Constructive criticism is heartily accepted around here, insulting others however is not appreciated or accepted here very much.

Please read the “rules of the forum” and you’ll get a better feel of what is permitted and what is typically not appreciated.

12 Likes

Generally it’s the forum members who flag a post at which point it is hidden. At some point Dan will look at it and decide if it violates the community rules and either unflag it or leave it. My guess is it was the wording of the second sentence and not that you don’t like the manner in which many of the posts are written that resulted in the flagging.

This forum is not like most of the rest of the Internet. You’re not the first to be annoyed by it. But that is how it works here.

13 Likes

Thank God! :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Obviously by design. The only question is the motivation.

6 Likes

Was the pun intentional?

5 Likes

At least he’s not Shirly :smile:

4 Likes

actually, no it wasn’t intentional at all. But now that I go back to it I can see where it may have been an unfortunate choice of word there.

5 Likes