Just got an Ear savers request I believe to be a scam

You have accused me in a public forum of copying other people’s work. I would like to know what you are referring to.

if they have a home address that fine as long as they work for where they say they do, there is no such group home name in our area, i know many group home owners and they pointed me to the place where i can look up officially licensed group homes…

people stole HER designs, not the other way around.

5 Likes

Now i am nto going to respond to you anymore, nor be harassed with your opinion on my subject, i have the right to be concerned, and i will leave it at that.

Show me. I’ve been on this forum for more than 3 years and have never seen an accusation against me for copying other people’s work. Point me to a thread.

2 Likes

So, libel and run, that’s how you operate?

Getting things mixed up? Nto likely.

1 Like

This entire thread is ridiculous.

Nobody with two minutes of experience on the forum thinks @geek2nurse is a design thief.

MikenBrenda doesn’t get the concept of charity or giving gifts. Sure he’s in his right to not trust an email. He may be right he may not be, doesn’t matter. I don’t see why he won’t share the info but if he doesn’t want to so be it.

This thread is a waste of all of our time.

9 Likes

this is an awesome post, thank you! it was a valid concern which does nto need opinions of other people telling me what not and what to do…

that’s a pretty harsh accusation to make without being able to back it up. especially in a forum of makers/designers.

there HAVE been accusations made that people stole her designs. i have not seen the opposite and i’m a pretty regular member here (and on a number of the larger facebook groups).

6 Likes

I find it highly ironic you’re willing to commit libel but you’re worried that some needy person might steal $10 of materials from you.

3 Likes

Yes it’s hard for people to accept when they’re getting the right information. It’s very hard if you are used to being in charge, I feel for you. It’s so difficult to be charitable when doing charity.

5 Likes

I’m done saying my peace, it’s a warning to all it’s a possibility, and right now it a very high one…if you don’t think so, then that’s your decision

Commit libel? LOL… did you read, I never said she did it, I said she had her own problems, and I read it on a forum platform, I never said anything to the like she did, this is really unbelievable, really…

Yup, lets give free stuff to a scammer…thats charity…how do you know they are legit?

The implication is enough to qualify as libel.

Yes but he saw it somewhere. It must be true.

4 Likes

Then why did you post on a public forum looking for a public opinion?:confused:

Nto hte best logic.

3 Likes

Yikes! It’s hot here in this thread!

5 Likes

You don’t. You either are willing to give or you aren’t. Trust has to start somewhere. If you’re not ready to take that leap, then don’t. Part of being charitable is that you assume good intent… this is what so many conservative types get wrong about social/charitable programs. So what if someone gets a few free ear savers that shouldn’t have? We should take reasonable precautions not to waste stuff, but if we’re going to err we should err on the side of kindness.

If it were me I’d have sent them the ear savers, but then I come from a place of trust. You make the call as you see fit.

10 Likes