Karate Kamas for Gkid

My granddaughter’s “weapon of the quarter” in karate is the kama. Hers didn’t come in on time for some reason, and will be further delayed because of the holidays. That meant she didn’t have them for the first class where they started learning to use them. The instructors had a few loaners, but there weren’t enough to go around, so she only had one to practice with instead of a pair. She’s a trooper, and took it all in stride, but Grandma has a Glowforge (and some lovely rose-gold acrylic that was begging to be used!), so now she has a practice pair to use until the real thing gets here. :slight_smile:

32 Likes

Hmm, forging weapons at home… Are you going to appear in the evening news?

They look great, I’m sure she was pleased!

5 Likes

She was MORE than pleased. I’m a little worried she won’t want to switch to the real ones. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Nice way to pull out the win, G’ma!

2 Likes

Best grandma EVER.

2 Likes

My absolute #1 goal in life for the past 9 years and for the rest of my life. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Here she is stripe testing a few weeks ago. One little mistake (wrong kick order) but she self-corrected and kept right going. Pre-karate she would have collapsed in tears and embarrassment and self-loathing and given the whole thing up. I love the way their training builds character along with coordination and physical control! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I wish I could convince my daughter to do it. I think it would be so positive for her!

1 Like