Kerf and kerf angle on refurbished machine

Right!

I had some time to get my machine through the motions mentioned above.

1. Turned off the glowforge.
  2. I took out the honeycomb tray and checked for debris

Squeeky clean (as it’s not heavily used because of all of the above)

also very clean and nothing to note.

No debris on where the lid rests.

Lid closes and rests very nicely

1. Surface is level

and so is the machine

2. Turned my machine back on

3. Took out the proofgrade medium draftboard from my last test. It’s still full size board. Funily I have the most problems cutting through in the top left corner but just in case I placed another design in the bottom right corner. (Traditionally the furthest away of the laser source) Job started around 12:16 today tuesday 28th september.

6+7. Without touching anything I took some screenshots:

before print

after print

Additionally; and I was not expecting this.

Both cuts did not cut through the proofgrade material. Which is weird as the cut from september 2nd did go through.

Now on to the other important stuff. At least to me

A cut from today. Still the same batch of acrylic. On the digital angle gauge. 84.5º. That’s a full 5.5º off of 90º

I picked up a piece I had made on my previous glowforge. It used to be 87.8º

This is what that kerf looks like freshly cut. You can make out that the plastic layer underneath is not cut through all the way. It used to on my old machine on faster settings. I brought back the speed on this machine but it is still not cutting through well enough. (153/full/auto)

Now this design used to be very stable. Because off the new kerf offset I had to account for another 0.2mm kerf in the design. Put together the whole thing is still very wobbly. on account to how much more kerf and diagonal offset there is in the cut. I can’t sell this.

View post on imgur.com

Thank you for the detailed photos & measurements along with the test results from the Gift of Good Measure test print. I wanted to let you know that our team has received them and we’re looking everything over now. We’ll be in touch again soon!

Any news?

I wanted to let you know that we have not forgotten about you, I do, however, need to confirm one item on our end.

I should have more information by your evening.

Cool thanks.

My evening has passed. Morning now.

@darkdesign Looks like we’ve done all we can through this channel, the next step here is going to be grabbing a bit of information, so I’ll be moving the rest of this interaction over to email.