Keychain Display

Ooooh, a hybrid stand would be cool, too! Maybe you didn’t mean one stand to hold both, but I think it would be a cool way to display them :man_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

Again inspired! Your work is so crisp. Keep posting.

3 Likes

Ray’s Displays!

Of course, if you start selling keychain displays, then you need a display for the keychain displays. We must go deeper!

3 Likes

Hahaha, oh that’s really good! I could definitely make a side business from my side business!

@bkressley I’ll keep posting as long as I keep getting fantastic support from people like you :+1:t4:

2 Likes

FYI it’s against forum policy to ask for files. If someone wants to share they’ll post it in the Free Laser Designs category (those are for personal use only, not for re-sale). You can click on the user name and it’ll bring up a screen where you can search by section :slight_smile:

Vertical displays are always better for smaller things like keychains, bracelets and necklaces. This looks awesome! I did something super simple but it works well for me.

And a bigger one that I don’t have a photo of right now but is about the size of a full board.

9 Likes

Love the simplicity and modification possibilities of this display. Also, the keychains are great.

2 Likes

Oh, yeah that’s cool! I actually just designed a new rotating one and finished last night. The one up above is cool for small craft shows, but with me selling stuff in a storefront I have to keep getting more and more creative. I wish I would have paid more attention upfront when designing so it would have come together quicker and with less frustration, but that’s the name of the game I guess :sunglasses:

The base is actually a failed top, but repurposed. So I guess these things come together in the end either way!

9 Likes

I love the idea of the rotating display. Been debating on making one of my own. It’s cute!!

2 Likes

Yeah, my problem now is making enough keychains to fill it. It was a lot easier to fill the 5 pegs of the original, but this has 32! Obviously I can hook repeats, but dang, I may have been a little over excited, probably could have gotten away with doing one half the size.

It was a fun design challenge, but if you’re wanting it to be easier than it needs to be, find a good box generator and play around with that. I confused myself a few times during this build, but I shouldn’t forget how it’s done for a while now.

1 Like

I’m really glad you did a bigger one, just proves it can be done well. As for box generators, MakerCase.com is my jam. Easy to use and does kerf for you. I’m totally making one of these for my first show, thank you for the inspiration!!

3 Likes

I made one! Not a spinning one though, but a box display. Thanks for that final inspiration I needed to do this. It was accidental that the bags of my button ornaments fit in there perfectly but I’m just going to be happy about it C:

Though I too have a messed up lid xD probably going to glue it to the bottom of this to make it stand up higher.

9 Likes

Hope you sell them all in record time. The display works perfectly for this - and your picture shows that someone didn’t finish their bottle. Love glimpses into creative workspaces.

2 Likes

Haha yesss that’s my 1 year old. She really shouldn’t be doing bottles anymore but when she is sick I just give her the things that make her happy.

Thanks, too! I had only 5 at a really small event (not really an event?) I managed to squeeze into a few weeks ago and one lady bought them all. So here’s hoping!

I’m just really excited I finally got around to making this display and I have @raymondking32 to thank for that C:

4 Likes

This is great! I’m glad that you brought this older post up for me to share that I had just made my new one! We have that same cell phone toy, and a 13 month old - you and I are basically twinners haha

3 Likes

Ooooh I can’t wait to see the new one!!

My parents got her the toy xD she loves #5 the most “call me any time of day, call me when you want to play.” She’s almost 16 months, has had that phone for 4 months, and still loves it.

I’m curious if you did a redesign to your pegs. I will have to share what I did when I can get a better photo.

2 Likes

Is there a link to this? I have been looking for a way to display my keychains

Welcome to the forum! Generally folks will post in Free Laser Designs (or include a link) if they’re including a file - Made on a Glowforge is for showing off!
Also, it’s against forum rules to ask for files (don’t worry, almost everyone does it once) :slight_smile: These are the ones that Ray has posted there.

3 Likes

I actually do sell this file because of its popularity. Not sure why I’ve never added it here, but I’ll add an edit to the original post up top. Thanks @deirdrebeth for looking out for the forum guidelines and us makers!

4 Likes

I am sorry I had no idea this was my first time ever posting.

1 Like