Kids Treasure Coins

thanks for the awesome share. My wife and I can uses these to help our daughter learn to pick up various size things

3 Likes

These are great! Made a treasure box for my Grandson, but had filled it with chocolate coins. Thinking he may need some coins to the box today. Thank you for sharing!

4 Likes

These are so cute! Thank you so much for sharing!

1 Like

I tried a set of these (5 of each) as my second print ever. I guess this whole thing is going to take some practice. I used a piece of Medium Draft Board from the Proofgrade supply. (I think that is 1/8 inch) It looked like it did the engraving part fine, and then there was a step where it went over all of the edges of the engraving, like the eyes of the skulls and the toes on the paws, etc. Then it cut the edge of the coin. When I went to take them out of the machine, after the print, that second step mustā€™ve cut all the way through, as all of shapes of the coins were then separate pieces. I am guessing I would have better luck if I used plywood or hardwood? Maybe 1/4 inch instead? I can live with a $4 mistake, as long as I learn from it. Let me know, though. My granddaughter is excited to get them.

1 Like

This was due to an error when you set up the files in the GFUI. Light blue you correctly set up to engrave (first step). Dark blue you should have set up to score (second step, which from description you set to cut), and then red (third step) from description you correctly set to cut.

Just a little attention to detail that you will quickly get the hang of. Let me know if you need any more help.

Did you go through the initial 3 prints that are recommended?

5 Likes

If you havenā€™t already, I strongly suggest working through all these first prints and tutorials. It will save you much headaches and wasted material in the long run.

4 Likes

Lolā€¦of course I didnā€™t go through the tutorial prints. I was way too excited. (it took me quite a while to get my machine to work on my network, so I just jumped in both feet first). Maybe I will go back to those first prints now. Thanks.

5 Likes

Please do :slight_smile: And FYI, those particular colors donā€™t always mean engrave, score and cut, that is just what they mean in that file. Something you will learn in the different tutorials.

4 Likes

Sorry I didnā€™t notice you ask for help until now :frowning: I am terrible at keeping up with things like forum posts, lol. It looks like someone else has answered you :slight_smile:

It does sound like the score was accidentally set to a cut, I have done that several times, lol. But if you still have issues the next time you try to print one, let me know and I will try to help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wish I had a GF and ideas like this back when my kids were young and I was a scout dad.

3 Likes

I was a Cub Scout leader. I had a die cutter at the time so almost everything was paper or the foam sheetsā€¦lots of tie slides, picture frames with designsā€¦the boys had a tie slide for just about every holiday. LOL Would have been a blast with a Glowforge!

1 Like

I have troubles with burnt wood (sounds weird coming from a Glowforge owner). I get really bad headachesā€¦and donā€™t even think about taking me to a bonfire!!

We bought the AC Infinity Cloudline S8 inline duct fan ā€” and no more worries!!! My adult son is thrilled because he can now walk out of his room (next to this open family room) and not be coughing. Itā€™s quieter and it really sucks the bad air out of the house!

https://www.acinfinity.com/hvac-home-ventilation/inline-duct-fan-systems/cloudline-s8-quiet-inline-duct-fan-system-with-speed-controller-8-inch/

Not one headache since we installed this!!! Yay!

2 Likes

My 4 year old likes to bury and dig up things in his sandbox. I took some of these and cut them out of acrylic! Worked like a charm :slight_smile:
Thank you!

4 Likes

I will take a look at them :slight_smile:

Yay! I am happy to hear they worked out of acrylic :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you decide you want to get one and need to know how we set it up since it has an 8" openingā€¦just let me know and Iā€™ll take pictures and tell you.

1 Like