Kinda gaming miniatures, kinda not

When I run an RPG I depend on wipe off markers… a LOT. Play areas for sure, but also in the past I used to use an assortment of large blank white dice in different sizes. When I needed enemies (often prepped ahead of time) I’d scribble a little face on one side of the dice, and a dead version on the other side, and drop them on the table. Worked great.

BUT, I’m about to start another campaign, and since I have a Glowforge now I decided I could improve on that.

So these aren’t meant to represent a specific “TYPE” of enemy, I won’t be cutting new ones every time the players encounter a new villain, etc… they just mean to add a little flavor to the board, and more importantly allow me a wipeable surface right on the base to track things like hit points.

Anywho! I think they turned out purty well, and will be extremely functional.

I need to make a couple more types though… such as 2-3 different larger generic “boss” type ones, and a couple for neutral NPC townfolk type yahoos.

33 Likes

Those are great!! The silhouettes are simple yet clearly recognizable and the write-on bases are genius! Very cool idea. I’m going to show it to some of my gaming friends.
My favorite: the double bats to show a swarm.

3 Likes

We use fancy figs for our mains, but having a bunch of these for everything else is brilliant. I have a huge box of fancy figs, but figuring out who is who is complicated when everything is a fig, and I’m always sad they’re not painted (and I don’t have the time to paint them!)

BTW, for your flyers, have you seen: Dungeons and Dragons Flying Miniature Riser

Sometimes distance matters :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Woah! Yeah, that’s an intense flight base! I love cutting clear acrylic and seeing just how amazingly… well… CLEAR it is.

1 Like

These are really fun! I’m thinking I should make a couple of various game pieces for my grandchildren. Candyland … why be just the blue player piece … when you could be a pirate shape with the name Ben?

4 Likes

Well done.

1 Like

The figurines are great. The wipe-off idea for each base is genius. This past week, my partner and I decided to break out the ol’ AD&D books and set up some duet games (granted, after some simple online research, now we’re thinking we should just make the jump to 5e). This is a timely idea for us. Thanks so much for sharing.

awesome. I made a bunch of numbered based figures out of MDF for fun and gave them to the local boardgame cafe to run games with. Less detail on these but way more neutral so way more variable and you don’t need to make so many!

bats are excellent with the clear

1 Like

I might be late to the party (pun intended), but what about making the base nest into larger pieces for some other form of representation? I dunno if that info would be useful, as my knowledge of these types of games are limited. Great job, btw!

3 Likes

We definitely did that for Warhammer when you’re frequently moving whole troops…less so with D&D type games, but if you’re gonna run a war scenario that could make a lot of sense!

2 Likes

Welcome, never to late for input.

2 Likes

Just so folk won’t suspect them you could make them in the clear. Or would those be the ghosts?

1 Like

Those are EPIC!

2 Likes