Kitty Treat Machine

Cute!

Reminds me of that device that would throw a dog toy. The dog would fetch it and drop it on the machine which activated it to throw again. Come home and your dog is dead from exhaustion.

3 Likes

Just stack bottle caps back to back, going up. Each time the lever is hit, 180 degree rotation. However many you have stacked, that’s how many treats it can distribute. Give you more than 1, but not a limitless supply.

2 Likes

You mean the treadmill? My parents had a dog that learned if you dropped a toy on the treadmill it shot out the back. Never mind the person on the treadmill you nearly kill doing this.

6 Likes

This :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Hilarious!.. yet strangely scary at the same time!

3 Likes

omigosh - thats so amazing! Love that the dog knows the load the ball into the machine, and is already off and running before the machine fires

2 Likes

Too bad my babies are not treat driven. This is so cool!

Was trying to figure out what I wanted the project to look like, and had the idea to make the treat machine look like a dog. With the help of some felt, foam, paper and googly eyes, my cat has her very own cubist dog to torment >_<

25 Likes

How cool is that!

Sorry to hear about your Kitty. I hope your new pup brings you joy.

Thank you. New pup is awesome. First dog I have ever had. Have wanted one all my life, but various life events got in the way.

1 Like

May need to look for :proofgrade: titanium…

5 Likes

tumblr_p2ele4oNZA1rzx9dqo1_400

Here’s the final toy in action - MIDI loves her new gadget =^.^=

17 Likes

Such a smart kitty! Of my four, Demon might eventually figure it out, but the other three would just stare at me until I handed them a treat. (I have been well trained for a hooman.) :smile:

6 Likes

Those kitties certainly are good at training us big furless cats!

I’m impressed that she understands the connection between the lever and the dispensing - that was one reason for building the machine. Now I want to see if I can extend the idea and get her to do something more advanced :slight_smile:

2 Likes

awesome design and use of the :glowforge:! Although my biggest would look at me and start meowing until I hit the lever… In a few days I’d be trained…:cat:

3 Likes

Cutest thing ever! I want to make one for Starbucks! He isn’t treat/food driven but he might like the gadget!

A co-worker of mine swears her cats use the toilet instead of a litter box. As far as I know, they can’t flush it after. It looks like yours may be able to figure that part out.

2 Likes

It takes a bit of effort but cats take to it well, especially if you dont let them out into the garden

Interestingly the inventor of the ‘cat pooping on the toilet’ system is the musician Charlie Mingus