Knife Handle

I have recently became interested in knife making. After i made about a half dozen i begin to imagine ways I could use my Glowforge to make something a little more unique. So, here is the first one with letters and stars cut from acrylic and inset in the resin before attaching to the knife blade and sanded down to shape.

And for some reference, here are some of the more standard ones I have made.

30 Likes

Ooooh! Thatā€™s gonna be HUGE! :sunglasses: :+1:

3 Likes

TY Julesā€¦

2 Likes

I absolutely love it when someone develops a whole new technique! Canā€™t believe how gorgeous that is! :star_struck:

3 Likes

Awww, thank youā€¦ ā€˜red faceā€™ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome!

3 Likes

Very nice combination of skills and tools.

4 Likes

Wow, your blades look amazing!

Are those acid-etched damascus? If so, how many layers?

(I donā€™t know that much, just been watching ā€œForged In Fireā€ ā€“ I love that show.)

4 Likes

11 pieces of steel, folded 5 times, for 352 layers. Though I do not make the blades, I order knife blanks and make and attach the handles. Here is where I have been getting my blanks from. https://battlingblades.com/search?type=product&q=knife+blank

2 Likes

Well those are some beautiful blades only enhanced further by your beautiful handles!

2 Likes

Thank youā€¦

1 Like

Very nice design on your handles. Your finished knives are going to be treasured.

2 Likes

I have some knife blanks I am going to put scales on. How did you use the glowforge to make them? Your process please? Especially the wood scales?

2 Likes

Very cool resin work!

3 Likes

Very Nice work.

3 Likes

Those knives are fantastic.

4 Likes

How awesome!!!

3 Likes